Hello I guess :)

New user? Tell us about yourself!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello I guess :)

Post by exxos »

Maeke wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:41 pm As long as you talk about atari, what you like besides it is your choice and yours only.
Sometimes you'll find other guys agreeing with you, sometimes they won't, not a problem as long as it doesn't start a war on the forum.
I've been talking to DrF for a long time now, hes actually knows a lot about Amiga. He can spot the BS on othe forums when people start bashing Atari for Amiga, while quoting BS about Amiga. So while this is a Atari forum, we have a Amiga expert on here should things decrade. He has final say when such threads start drifting into BS.

Amiga talk is ok, in the general chat section if people want. But bashing of any kind isn't going to be permitted here. It does nothing but clitter the forum up full off rubbish and there are forums full of that already ;)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Maeke

Post by Maeke »

Personally the only reason i don't like amiga is the color of the desktop i saw on when i was a teenager, doesn't mean i'll start a fight with a guy because he loves it, it just means i don't have the same tastes as him, and as we say in france, tastes and colors aren't subjects to discussion. So for me DrF's avatar is just a nice picture of a vintage computer, that's all.
If i take too long to reply, sorry my cat is sleeping on my laps.
DrF

Post by DrF »

Maeke wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:34 pm DrF's avatar is just a nice picture of a vintage computer, that's all.

That's all it is and all it ever will be :D

My 2nd choice was a picture of that DMA chip that everyone loves :lol:
But they kind of set a certain someone off but we love him ;)
Maeke

Post by Maeke »

Well seeing how freshly his researchs and results were welcomed on certain forums, i'm not surprised.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

DrF wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:43 pm
My 2nd choice was a picture of that DMA chip that everyone loves :lol:
But they kind of set a certain someone off but we love him ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Maeke wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:47 pm Well seeing how freshly his researchs and results were welcomed on certain forums, i'm not surprised.
Indeed amazes me how many people have opinions on stuff they never done any work towards. I mean whats the point ? I have opinions on time travel but im not going to force my ideas onto people and try and make it the only fact around.
rpineau

Post by rpineau »

I never "liked" the amiga, mostly because of the OS. The hardware is fine (it's great actually and better than the ST in multiple area), and having people who know a lot about it gives an extra perspective on potential hardware issue we might encounter when we don't know if it's a chipset issue or the CPU or what not.
That being said our demo coding group had both machines and we didn't fight. We knew the limitation of each system and tried to help each other.. you can criticize... if a constructive way. If it's just bashing and spilling BS for the sake of it .. go somewhere else.
When I was working on some issue on the 68020 card, I did look a the Amiga 1200 schematics to see "how it's done there" as it's a native 68020 machine and it works (whether it was a good Amiga or not is not even a question I asked myself).
Both architecture have merits. To OS difference is then a matter of what you like and dislike, but is not a reason to spill BS.
I'm glad we have an amiga expert as this can be very useful for hardware idea. issue solving and helping in general.

Rodolphe
Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2
Maeke

Post by Maeke »

rpineau wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:18 pm I never "liked" the amiga, mostly because of the OS. The hardware is fine (it's great actually and better than the ST in multiple area).
Same here, i do know that the amiga hardware were way better developped than the atari, and the overall quality was better, still when one of my cousins had me try it, the huge amount of this blue on the screen put me off and i never recovered, it's just THE blue i hate the most.
Yet again, it's personal taste and i'll never force anyone to like my atari rather than their amiga.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”