Hello from Maryland

New user? Tell us about yourself!
damosan

Hello from Maryland

Post by damosan »

Hello from Maryland.

I'm a long time Atari user (from back in the day) who has come back after a rather long break. Over the last few years I've been buying Atari stuff here and there. I"m up to 6 Atari computers (which is probably enough) so now it's time to start buying mods.

As an aside - if anyone has any external floppies they want to sell let me know. I'd like at least one external drive for use with my 260 ST.

D.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Maryland

Post by exxos »

damosan wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:29 am I'm a long time Atari user (from back in the day) who has come back after a rather long break. Over the last few years I've been buying Atari stuff here and there. I"m up to 6 Atari computers (which is probably enough) so now it's time to start buying mods.
:welcomewave:

A fair lot of Atari's there then, they all ST's ? or did you managed to score rarer birds like the Falcon ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
damosan

Re: Hello from Maryland

Post by damosan »

It's been a while since that post. :)

The list includes: Two 800s (one late/one early gen), 800XL, 1200XL, 130XE, a 260ST, a Mega 4, and a Mega STE.

On the 8bit side I run an old school color composite monitor and it seems each of the 8bit machines have different video quality. One of the 800s is just horrible and the 130XE's display goes jagged for certain color combos resulting in smeared text. The other 800, the 800xl and 1200xl are almost perfect with this monitor. I'm using the 800 as the 800XL has a broken key I'm trying to source parts for.

I'm probably going to fix the 130XE by installing a VBXE mod (though I may get two so I can install one in the 800XL also). The old 800? It's just old....I'm not too worried about it.

I got the 260ST cheap ($20 + another $30 for shipping to the States) and they didn't sell them in the US so I figured what the heck. It's a standard 512k model.

The MegaSTE was a UK model but I swapped the ROMs for US chips (2.06). I have a math copro I need to add to the beast as well as a GAL(?) for it. Then comes the silent fan mod...eventually I'd like to get a new video card for it.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”