Hello from Germany - basically North Rhine-Westphalia

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Shadowmaster

Hello from Germany - basically North Rhine-Westphalia

Post by Shadowmaster »

Hi.

What should I tell you? I'm born 1976 and grown up in North Rhine-Westphalia / Germany. The first computer I used was a Atari 800 XE from my father. I did a lot with this little machine. After that was the Atari ST followed by the Falcon. The most stuff I had done with the Ataris where Graphical matter.

Some of you maybe known me as Shadowmaster / Animal Mine, Jade / Dune or at last Madness / Oxyron.

I ended working with the Ataris late 1995, because I started my first job as Artist in the Games Industry. Today I'm still a Artist, but most of my work is now 3D work and I'm working now in the post-production industry, means I do VFX work for commercials after I worked a few years in the feature animation industry.

It's just a few month ago that I got fresh Atari blood in my veins.

Right at the moment I'm owning 1 x Atari Falcon 030, 3 x Atari 1040 STE ( an English 4MB, a French 1MB, A German 2MB ), 2 x Atari 1040 STF, 1 x Atari 512 ST+, 1 x Atari 800XE, 1 x Atari 600XL, 1 x Atari 800XL, 3 x Atari 2600 ( Light Sixer, Darth Vader and Junior First Edition all black) and a Atari 7800.

Cheers,
Kay
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Germany - basically North Rhine-Westphalia

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave: names do sound familiar! Always glad to see people getting back to Atari stuff! You sure collected a few machines there! Any plans for them all?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Shadowmaster

Post by Shadowmaster »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The actually plans are, doing some refurbishment on the machines to resist the next 30 years. 😉

My 3 2600er are already refurbished to work with the latest TV Generation.

The other machines still need some work.

Second reason why I collect them are my kids. I would like that they will play some games or could actually touch this old hardware. It has more value to me than just read about them in a retro magazine dated in 2038 or something.

My kids are 2.5 years and 5 month. So still some time till they can play with the machines.

Cheers,
Kay
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Good set of plans!

Yeah its up to us to preserve software and hardware. Of course getting harder to keep the machines running as time goes by. But we are working on it ;)

I like the 2600 and doing mods to it lately as well. See the 8bit corner section.. I like the games as they are simple, you can just plug in, power up, and play. None of this keyboard and multiple button controllers nonsense like these days :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Shadowmaster

Post by Shadowmaster »

Directly inside the "Ruhrpott". In Herne, nearby Bochum, Gelsenkirchen, Essen and so on.

If you ever were in the " Ruhrpott" you know that we don't have city borders. In most cases you don't see were you are. Just if you look at the lic plates of the cars.
atari030

Post by atari030 »

G'day from Australia. Love your work, mate. Keep it up.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”