One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

New user? Tell us about yourself!
winner61

One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

Post by winner61 »

Hello there. Recently I picked up my old love for Atari. I own a 1040STf since the beginning of 1987 and was busy with graphics and music. Offcourse a few games like chuckie egg were also fun. In '91 I was in a business with a friend of mine and we bought a TT and put in a mighty mic and a graphic card. I did a lot of graphic word in Calamus and Outline Art. Mostly for small adds. We hosted a commercial BBS then, just before the Internet started for the common people. Just a few weeks back I bought an STe with 4MB but unfortunately a French TOS. All the mentioned Atari's I still have. I like making things work and this is one of my favourite hobbies next to the IT work I do for several company's. I will post a question about my STe project where some things went wrong :roll: . Next to that I hope to be of help for questions that I can answer. If I think of more I like to put here I will.
Greetz to all.

Winfryd.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave:

So what kind of graphics and music did you work on back in the day, what programs did you use ?

I hope you will find a lot of good info on here, we are always keen to hear about users successes or horror stories, they will always help someone else in the future!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
winner61

Re: One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

Post by winner61 »

Thanks Exxos. In Calamus I created adds for Computermagazines, Outline Art for the special Graphic work which I used in Calamus to pimp the Adds. This was all in the first half of the 90's. I withdrew from the company in 97. In the second half of the 80's I did a lot of videowork for local television. I used Cyberpaint to make Titles and if neccesary sub-titles. In music I helped out friends who went to art-school/academy and created soundeffects and animations. Often I used Cyberpaint, Steinberg-24 and later Creator. I play some piano and freaked out a lot with synthesizers 8-) . More programs I used were Cranach, Spectrum, ZZ-Rouch, Retouche, Degellite, GFA Raytrace, Superbase Pro, ST-Boekhouden (accounting), 1st Word, Signum, also games like Larry, Falcon, Chuckie and others. Now I sum them up I really have to look in to some of them to see how it actually looks now. :shock:
Hope I find enough time to spend with my atari's and find some use for them again.
Cheers! :dualthumbup:

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”