Greetings from Newcastle upon Tyne

New user? Tell us about yourself!
wrecksan

Greetings from Newcastle upon Tyne

Post by wrecksan »

Hi everyone, thanks for having me.

I've always had a passing interest in retro gaming and an opportunity came up for me to purchase an Atari 520 STFM. Since that has happened I'm looking to educate myself more on the system, and ways to possibly improve it (as the 'not enough memory' error due to what I assume is too little RAM is already annoying me).

I'm very happy to be here and to meet you all
Bama

Re: Greetings from Newcastle upon Tyne

Post by Bama »

Welcome!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

wrecksan wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:00 pm Hi everyone, thanks for having me.
:welcomewave:

wrecksan wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:00 pm (as the 'not enough memory' error due to what I assume is too little RAM is already annoying me).
Some games needs 1MB. Though if you are running from hard drive then you will need more RAM (4MB max possible). Some games may not run with more than 1MB. Though these are being fixed and adapted to correct those issues.
wrecksan wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:00 pm I'm very happy to be here and to meet you all
Have a good look around the forum, there are really good posts on various things and we have a great team of people here who are happy to help.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
alienkidmj12

Post by alienkidmj12 »

hi, im also from ashington, northumberland
wrecksan

Post by wrecksan »

Thanks for the replies!
exxos wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 pm Some games needs 1MB. Though if you are running from hard drive then you will need more RAM (4MB max possible). Some games may not run with more than 1MB. Though these are being fixed and adapted to correct those issues.
That's good to know, I'll look around to see which games won't run over 1MB and see if I'm willing to not have them or just emulate those ones. I hadn't yet considered running them from a hard drive (although that makes a lot of sense).
exxos wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 pm Have a good look around the forum, there are really good posts on various things and we have a great team of people here who are happy to help.
I'll definitely do so, it seems like a very passionate community so far. Thanks again!
wrecksan

Post by wrecksan »

alienkidmj12 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:06 pm hi, im also from ashington, northumberland
Hey that's very close! Once I have the Atari up and running we should play together sometime!
alienkidmj12

Post by alienkidmj12 »

what stuff do you have ?

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”