Getting ROMs burnt

Upgrade or replace the ROM.
PhilC

Re: Getting ROMs burnt

Post by PhilC »

stephen_usher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:17 pm
I made up a few converter (PLCC-44 to 40 pin DIL) PCBs if anyone's interested in one. I've four left.
I was going to do this myself but looks like you've beat me to it again :)
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@stephen_usher I'm interested...not sure how much I trust my bodged adaptor for my TL866... :roll:
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

If you can PM me I'll see about getting them in the post. They should fit in an envelope and be able to be sent as a normal letter.

If any of you want the KiCAD files and/or Gerbers I can supply those.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
JezC

Post by JezC »

stephen_usher wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 pm If you can PM me I'll see about getting them in the post. They should fit in an envelope and be able to be sent as a normal letter.

If any of you want the KiCAD files and/or Gerbers I can supply those.
Will do that later, thanks...I've only just got through the door at home & don't want to spark a domestic incident!
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Bigs thanks to @Badwolf for burning the ROMs for me.

Added a switch to an Exxos diagnostic cartridge to allow me to bypass the cartridge if needed. Lots of hot snot needed to hold things in place securely.

Couple of videos to show that being used to load Emutos and MonST from the cartridge. Could've done with an extra hand while videoing but all works :lol:

Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

DaveC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:56 pm Bigs thanks to @Badwolf for burning the ROMs for me.

Added a switch to an Exxos diagnostic cartridge to allow me to bypass the cartridge if needed. Lots of hot snot needed to hold things in place securely.
No worries, glad they work!

Regarding booting EmuTOS from the cartridge -- may I heartily recommend combining that with the standalone AES4.1 kicking around either from the auto folder or run directly from the command prompt. A very nice hybrid OS experience.

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark

Return to “ROM UPGRADES”