PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
PhilC

Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)

Post by PhilC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:31 am
PhilC wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:02 am @rubber_jonnie thanks, it's still interesting to find out what it was, even if it's no longer required.
Link is here if you're interested: https://www.applefritter.com/content/st ... pple-e-mod
Cool, thanks. Just spotted an enhanced //e on ebay in Coventry but must resist the urge to press make an offer :lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

PhilC wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:48 am Cool, thanks. Just spotted an enhanced //e on ebay in Coventry but must resist the urge to press make an offer :lol:
Yikes! Much as I'd love an early Apple (or even any pre-intel Apple Mac) that's way out of my price range! I'll stick to the comparatively cheap ones I can afford & add the 6502-based Apples to the "if I ever win the lottery" list (along with a Jupiter Ace, Dragon 64 etc.) - in fact, that gives me an idea for a new topic of the machines people want but can't afford...

Anyway, off to the garage to sort more of my retro gear boxes & store them on the new shelves...and make room for the new ST and BBC Master

:thumbup:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@JezC oh I agree, I certainly wouldn't pay the £320 that some are listed at. I paid considerably less for mine and the one I spotted today offered a cheeky amount but you never know.

The Beeb is being boxed today.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@PhilC Good luck with the cheeky offer .
Great re the Master, let me know when posted & I'll drop you a message when it arrives.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Today I have been mostly upgrading my Luggable to MS-Dos V5.

It did have Dos 3.3 on it but trying to format a 4GB CF card to 32mb partitions is sole destroying :lol:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Slowly getting used to this Apple II stuff.

Today I burnt myself two lots of enhanced roms for the IIe, why two lots? well, I used 27128 chips instead of 2764s cos I didn't have any but first time round I forgot to copy the image into the high and low banks of the eprom so they didn't work. Not too much of a problem as I had spares and can soon erase the other ones with my cheap Chinese UV eraser.

So apart from an "Enhanced" sticker over the power light, my Apple IIe or //e as it now shows on the screen has three new eproms and a 65C02P3 CPU fitted.

Now all I've got to do is find some stuff to boot and test it out.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

And just call me Mr dish washer fixer. Our 20 year old dish washer had failed, the circulation pump wasn't working. So I thought what the hell, it ain't working anyway, so let's have a look at it.

Turns out reflowing the cpu on the control board has only gone and fixed it. I mean, who puts a cpu in a 20 year old fish washer FFS.

still, thats saved me £350, well, as long as the kitchen floor doesn't suddenly flood or the lights go out that is. :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Darn I'm impressed, what a awesome fix for a quality old fish washer :D

Edited by PhilC : fixed your dodgy smiley Steve :lol:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Steve wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:32 pm Darn I'm impressed, what a awesome fix for a quality old fish washer ;D
Yeah yeah, i never said I could spell or type :lol:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Nice fix, at least your dishwasher had the decency to just break down, ours tried to go to hell in a fiery ball of molten heating element!

That was in the old house, thankfully we have a brand new one in the new house, so many years to go (I hope) before the next core meltdown incident!!
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”