RJs Adventures in Mega land III

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RJs Adventures in Mega land III

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:26 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:45 pm That sounds like a fine idea to me :)
The more Megas the merrier!
Jon, if I've ever seen Mega cruelty its that machine where the previous owner cut its lips off and knocked its teeth out. There should be an investigation and that individual sentenced to a long prison term without the possibility of parole.

:mad:
I quite agree!!! At some point when I have the time I am going to pull the Gotek out and paint the faceplate Atari grey in the hope it will look cosmetically 'better'!
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

exxos wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:51 pm Are we all picking on @rubber_jonnie again...

But still, getting the things running is pretty good going! :cheers:
Well, I'm used to it now :)

That particular one was a huge trial, arriving with no sound chip or Blitter and being in generally very grubby condition.

Oh and then dying/being revived a stack of times along the way!! Major mental hurdles, like will this electronically challenged chap ever be able to fix it!!

That and number 3 have taught me an enormous amount about troubleshooting though, so I'm happy they came my way and I was able to bring them back to life.
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

@rubber_jonnie , if some one ripped your lips off and kick out your teeth you might not feel at your best for awhile. :( At least you were able to save the patient. Now, all that's needed is a set of false teeth or a mouth transplant. :mrgreen:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:11 pm @rubber_jonnie , if some one ripped your lips off and kick out your teeth you might not feel at your best for awhile. :( At least you were able to save the patient. Now, all that's needed is a set of false teeth or a mouth transplant. :mrgreen:
Ooooh, the very thought of lip ripping and teeth kicking makes me wince!!

I will always do my level best for the patient and I have had some thoughts about how to make that gaping smile lippy and toothy again!

Since I do have a perfectly good Mega 1 I could take a moulding of the front of my good case and use that to make a new piece for transplant into Mr Gappy. I'd have to paint the case to make it look 100% but I think the effort would be worth it.

I have also considered a 3d printed piece to go in, but my 3d printer is a bit inaccessible at the moment due to me moving stuff around because of our impending house move.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

@rubber_jonnie , who knows maybe you’ll come across a new skull for that puppy. If not I’m sure you come up with a solution. :idea:

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”