ube’s control board.

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
ube

ube’s control board.

Post by ube »

In lack of better thread name. Here’s my next project. A 3x4:1 A/V switch.

Step one passed: got off my ass and ordered the board. Everything fits.
DCF9CE6F-7689-4263-ABA9-8D43FC1DAE74.jpeg
DCF9CE6F-7689-4263-ABA9-8D43FC1DAE74.jpeg (618.8 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
master of the bare pcb
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ube’s control board.

Post by exxos »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Whats it do ?

What happened to the 555 reset thingy btw ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
DoG

Post by DoG »

Nice and compact. Cycle thru the ports by a button or some other means?
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Reminds mit a little of Lothareks Hydra. Where are the differences?
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
ube

Post by ube »

exxos wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pmWhat happened to the 555 reset thingy btw ?
I never never got an order. ;)

Aaah. Looking at the conversation; I probably missed pressing “send” on a message. :)
master of the bare pcb
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

ube wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:13 pm I never never got an order. ;)
Want some :lol: :P
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
ube

Post by ube »

So. It has, from left to right:

* 4xHD15 input
* 4x3xRCA (composite and stereo) input.
* HD15 output
* 1x3xRCA output.

The RCAs can be independently routed. So you can have the audio of in1 and video of in3 on the RCA output.

So that’s nice. BUT WAIT! There’s more. Not pictured, on the far right, is a 3.5 TRRS so one can output ANOTHER pair of signals (of course independently as well) to either a pair of headphones or to a 3.5 to 3xrca.

On the left side there’s a DB9 connector witch will be used to connect to 1084s style (or really whatever, with an adapter) independently routable as well. Also will be shipped (overridable) with a protection so one doesn’t send a 31khz signal to a CRT, just in case.

So one can connect a shitload of inputs and have them routed a little bit as one would like. :)

There’s a control board as well, an oled, a rotary encoder and some buttons.
master of the bare pcb
ube

Post by ube »

So I picked this project up again. My first problem was my eyesight, I had some problems with soldering the muxes for composite and audio, couldn't get any i2c communication going, resoldered and it was ok.

On to the VGA switch. Attached a square wave generator from my oscilloscope and went to town to code some switching. Everyting was fine switching port 1 and 2. Switching port 3 and 4 on the other hand.. No. Just wouldn't swap inputs and the secondary switch. First I thought the I messed up the 595 bits, but after checking the outgoing levels for the secondary switch I could lay that to rest. Then, onto looking at the schematics in Eagle. Everything looked ok. Onto the board itself. Oh.. the drilling of a hole was off by a little-little-little bit:

IMG_6909.PNG
IMG_6909.PNG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 2557 times

Quick patch, and it works ok. Haven't tested with a full VGA signal yet. But it ought to work. :)
master of the bare pcb

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”