BT - Incompetence beyond belief

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: BT - Incompetence beyond belief

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

I am locked in with BBC, as BT used to own all FTTP contracts.
I should be able to switch soon to different company, I can't wait.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:41 am What's frustrating is that my actual broadband from BT has always been rock solid, with few problems, and those were usually transient.
I'm not with them at the moment because of a weird technical issue, but if you want BT by the back door have a look at Plusnet.

They're basically the same company. They issue BT home hubs with a different branding, but everything under the hood is BT.

*But*, and it's quite a big one, they have a different customer service team. Their ratings on that side are consistently high too.

Not an endorsement (although I did have one customer service conversation with a staggeringly competent Lancastrian woman on the phone one time -- it was only one time, however! :lol: ), but food for thought if you liked the technical side of BT.

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Actually PlusNet's user support has taken a major dive in the last two years and they've become incompetent too. I thing BT changed the management team. A few friends have had horror stories, such as PlusNet failing to migrate a phone number a couple of times by forgetting to ask for it to be done and then blaming the customer for not telling them even though there was a documentation trail, including a contract document from them and then they refused to believe the documentation.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”