General Stuff(tm)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General Stuff(tm)

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:40 pm Oops! I seem to have bought another Apricot...

Apricot Portable, working, with manuals but no software. However it does have keyboard and *MOUSE*!

£130 via Facebook Marketplace, which is a reasonable sum.
You're getting as bad with the Apricots as I am with STs!!

Pictures are expected on arrival :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Hehe.

It looks like I'll have to drive over to Cardiff next weekend to collect it. Pictures will be posted. :D

P.S. I still have more 16/32 bit Ataris than Apricots.
P.P.S. I have two ideas for Apricot projects: Recreation of a hard disk interface and USB keyboard/mouse interface to replace the IR. Both will have to use a Raspberry Pi for the storage/USB. The front end for the HD interface will need to replicate the original using GALs, counters and a 8Kx8 SRAM chip.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:15 pm Hehe.

It looks like I'll have to drive over to Cardiff next weekend to collect it. Pictures will be posted. :D

P.S. I still have more 16/32 bit Ataris than Apricots.
P.P.S. I have two ideas for Apricot projects: Recreation of a hard disk interface and USB keyboard/mouse interface to replace the IR. Both will have to use a Raspberry Pi for the storage/USB. The front end for the HD interface will need to replicate the original using GALs, counters and a 8Kx8 SRAM chip.
They sound like very interesting projects, looking forward to pictures there too :)
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Just got my booster jab.

The Moderna version is still no good for connecting to the Starlink satellites. I should complain to Elon Musk.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:30 am Just got my booster jab.

The Moderna version is still no good for connecting to the Starlink satellites. I should complain to Elon Musk.
You should complain before the 90 day warranty expires!
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

:lol:
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

It's the work Christmas party this evening and there's a cake competition, the theme being "your field of study/work".

My colleague and I are entering for the first time, and as we are The IT Crowd we thought this was fitting... :D

IMG_2481-small.jpg
IMG_2481-small.jpg (173.9 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

@stephen_usher - I had to zoom in to check if you had actually used a cherry or a real LED for the middle of the box.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Icky wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:13 pm @stephen_usher - I had to zoom in to check if you had actually used a cherry or a real LED for the middle of the box.
It was actually a jelly bean. :-)

Blurgh! After my jab yesterday I'm feeling really grotty. Headache, no energy, really tired, slightly sick and I can't lift my left arm up very high. The Moderna jab really produces side effects tons worse than the A-Z.

On a brighter note, we won the cake competition, though only one other group made a cake.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 am
Icky wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:13 pm @stephen_usher - I had to zoom in to check if you had actually used a cherry or a real LED for the middle of the box.
It was actually a jelly bean. :-)

Blurgh! After my jab yesterday I'm feeling really grotty. Headache, no energy, really tired, slightly sick and I can't lift my left arm up very high. The Moderna jab really produces side effects tons worse than the A-Z.

On a brighter note, we won the cake competition, though only one other group made a cake.
My booster was Moderna and I felt pretty crappy, similar to the 2nd AZ, but the first AZ was the worst, took me out for days. Hope you feel better soon.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”