Just doing some servicing on a customers STe, here is my work on it...
Board images here
* Clean disk drive
* Apply motherboard bus resistor fixes
* Replace a few important capacitors, like reset circuit
* Add STe ghosting fix capacitor
* Replace mouse/joystick port
* clean/resolder video port
* General machine clean
What do we have missing here?
Bit rusty on the shield
Floppy needs a good clean and service!
Time for a thorough clean
Let's replace the drive lube
Let's also re-cap the floppy
The floppy heads are physically touching/scratching the disk, you can see the black mark worn on the head. The floppy drive is TOAST. So we are going to go for a FlashFloppy instead!Shame, after all that the floppy is still having issues!