PSU bracket remake ?

All information relating to the Alpha plus all the WIP threads etc.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PSU bracket remake ?

Post by exxos »

sandord wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:43 am I'm going for it anyway but it won't be finished anytime soon :(
ahh , that's normally how things go, get 90+% done, then have to go back to the start for some reason :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
sandord

Post by sandord »

exxos wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:40 am
sandord wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:43 am I'm going for it anyway but it won't be finished anytime soon :(
ahh , that's normally how things go, get 90+% done, then have to go back to the start for some reason :(
It's certainly not the first time I've seen things go this way, no.
But fortunantely, the bracket isn't going to have to 'run', it'll just have to 'sit' ;)
sandord

Post by sandord »

Still need to continue working on the Fusion 360 version.

I have a finished Sketchup version of the original design though by which I mean that it's a drawing of the exact shape of the original support. So, it's not suitable for printing but it may serve a different purpose some day.

Would it make any sense to post it to thingiverse, even if it's not suitable for printing? It isn't suitable for printing because plastic is pretty weak as opposed to the sheet metal of the original and needs much thicker legs for example or it'll break right away.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

sandord wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 am Still need to continue working on the Fusion 360 version.
Yes you do :P :lol:
sandord wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 am Would it make any sense to post it to thingiverse, even if it's not suitable for printing? It isn't suitable for printing because plastic is pretty weak as opposed to the sheet metal of the original and needs much thicker legs for example or it'll break right away.
Good question, I guess at least you could upload it in the 3D section so there is a copy of it floating around at least.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Hi sandord. How are you getting on with the bracket remake.

I have been looking for a spare bracket and they are very difficult to find unless you buy them with a PSU attached. I wondered if you thought about uploading the design as it would give me a reason to look at fixing my 3D printer as well :)

Not that I haven't got enough projects on the go at the moment :D
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Hi Icky, I've got a bracket I can send at some point as I'm using a standard psu in a Mega, so the bracket won't fit.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:35 am Hi Icky, I've got a bracket I can send at some point as I'm using a standard psu in a Mega, so the bracket won't fit.
Thanks for the offer Forgottenmyname. One question - is the mega psi bracket a different shape and footprint to the STFM one? I don't own a mega so cant tell from pictures to well.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Yes it is. The feet are in a different place, thr spacing is different between the mains lrad ans switch and there is a fan attached to it as well.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:43 pm Yes it is. The feet are in a different place, thr spacing is different between the mains lrad ans switch and there is a fan attached to it as well.
Thanks - Then I am looking for an STFM one. I would love to see a version of Sandords model working in an ST.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Yeah it's an STFM power supply bracket I have spare.

Hopefully I can pinch sandords file and adapt if for my Mega :D

Return to “ALPHA DEVELOPMENT INFO”