Video driver thoughts

All information relating to the Alpha plus all the WIP threads etc.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video driver thoughts

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:40 pm Has anyone looked at the parts list especially the caps? Don't want to order the wrong size (footprint) as there are a few large ones in this design.
I'm going to send you guys the full kit....
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Icky wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:19 pm
Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:03 pm

What colour and size would you like your stilts :P :lol:
Have already raised it just now ready for the board. Nylon hex pillars to the rescue.

Also I think it might need stacking to get above my XTAL hack too. Notice Shifter in a DIL socket stacked at level one.

IMG_3296.png
So now you are just socket stacking for the thrill of it then :)

Maybe I can create some girder looking stilts? or brick shaped? maybe even lego? :D
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

exxos wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm
Icky wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:40 pm Has anyone looked at the parts list especially the caps? Don't want to order the wrong size (footprint) as there are a few large ones in this design.
Cool, that is very kind of you!
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:07 pm
exxos wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Cool, that is very kind of you!
Indeed - :thanksyellow: Exxos you’re a :star:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

The 3 caps in the white strip are the 3 which go around the IC as close to possible. The 4 caps on the clear strip, go on the outside pads of the IC, and the 4th is next to the shifter.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:13 pm The 3 caps in the white strip are the 3 which go around the IC as close to possible. The 4 caps on the clear strip, go on the outside pads of the IC, and the 4th is next to the shifter.
That is pretty kind exxos.. think I'll shuffle over to the store and pick up one of those new red supplies.
:thanksyellow: :thanksblue: :thumbup: :thanksyellow: :thanksblue:

Icky I'm not sure their for you.. only one cap as I recall.. no 100 ohm resister across the 12v's. You'd just have to standby with you spare parts and :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Just finished feeding Hairy. He looked pretty hungry but now he's content!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:27 am
exxos wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:13 pm The 3 caps in the white strip are the 3 which go around the IC as close to possible. The 4 caps on the clear strip, go on the outside pads of the IC, and the 4th is next to the shifter.
That is pretty kind exxos.. think I'll shuffle over to the store and pick up one of those new red supplies.

Icky I'm not sure their for you.. only one cap as I recall.. no 100 ohm resister across the 12v's. You'd just have to standby with you spare parts and :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:.
I don’t know. Came downstairs this morning and my PC PSU is dead with a little whiff about it. What is it with my power supplys.
sandord

Post by sandord »

exxos wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm I'm going to send you guys the full kit....
:thanksyellow: :yay2:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:57 am
PaulJ wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:27 am

I don’t know. Came downstairs this morning and my PC PSU is dead with a little whiff about it. What is it with my power supplys.
That sucks Icky, things usually happen in three's and that's the third supply so maybe your through the worst of it. Then again it could be sympathy smoke.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “ALPHA DEVELOPMENT INFO”