Lightning VME open Order

Latest Atari related news.
Steve

Re: Lightning VME open Order

Post by Steve » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:52 am

Hey guys, just to make it easier for others, this is how you get USB over ethernet going. Driver attached, instructions at the bottom of this page:
http://wiki.newtosworld.de/index.php?ti ... ing_VME_En
eth.zip
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Matthias/Ingo I recommend you put the ethernet drivers inside your Lightning driver package. These were hard to find...

tuxie

Post by tuxie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:22 pm

I still have 3 Lightnings left!

stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Unfortunately Lightnings don't fit with the Atari Fast-RAM board and from what I read the Storms are not available at the moment, otherwise I'd jump in and buy them.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

tuxie

Post by tuxie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:26 am

I am not sure if it would not fit..... i will check some pictures... storm is available soon gaga is making a new batch of Thunder and Storm

stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:44 pm

I've seen pictures and I know that there's very little clearance between the RAM board and the rear of the VME riser.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.

tuxie

Post by tuxie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Then pull out this shitty ram card, it makes the TT SLOW !!! Send an email to thunderstorm @ tuxie . de and ask for ThunderStorm and Lightning... i am sure you can get an bundle price !!

stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Thanks. I've sent an e-mail.

Icky
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Icky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:09 am

Hi. Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of a new GAL for my Nova VME - ISA card to use it with the lightning board?

czietz

Post by czietz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:12 am

Icky wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:09 am
Hi. Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of a new GAL for my Nova VME - ISA card to use it with the lightning board?
If you can program GALs yourself, the files are available: http://www.newtosworld.de/downloads/tre ... a/download
Otherwise, please ask for the GAL while ordering the Lightning VME, we'll be able to arrange something for you.

Icky
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Icky » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 am

czietz wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:12 am
If you can program GALs yourself, the files are available: http://www.newtosworld.de/downloads/tre ... a/download
Otherwise, please ask for the GAL while ordering the Lightning VME, we'll be able to arrange something for you.
Thanks. Time to learn another skill, GAL programming. Last chip I programmed was an EPROM at college many many many moons ago.

Any pointers as to which GAL chip I need for the Nova ISA adaptor and any suggestions for a good GAL programmer.