15KHz generator: dtctr.

Latest Atari related news.
ube

15KHz generator: dtctr.

Post by ube »

So here's my next little contraption to be sold at Exxos'; dtctr. Powered by a single cr2032 battery, runnig an ATmega328P at 16MHz it generates a 15KHz image at a press of a button (and waiting 5-6 seconds, the firmware is really slow). I'll be sending a batch of 20 to Exxos within a week (I'm waiting for some capacitors). This batch should be taken for what is it: proof of concept. The schematics and code can be subject to change at any time.

(Keep an eye on this topic, I'll be posting here when it's available in the store.)

Edit:
Forgot one of the cool things about it: since it's running at a 328P it's basically a Arduino Pro Mini and can (and is) programmed using the Arduino IDE and an ISP-programmer (or an Arduino as ISP). So developing better (faster) firmware ought be quite easy.

So: some glamour shots.
Attachments
First working unit.
First working unit.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4.jpg (253.94 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
Fron
Fron
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55f2.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
Back
Back
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55f1.jpg (53.41 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
master of the bare pcb
sandord

Re: 15KHz generator: dtctr.

Post by sandord »

Wow, this is nice. So this could be used to feed a test signal to a 15 KHz CRT as well, right?

It would be really nice if the firmware would allow for displaying PAL/NTSC test patterns. See https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ull#p14996
ube

Post by ube »

Haven't tried it. But if it's a RGB monitor it ought to work with an adapter for whatever input there is on the monitor.
master of the bare pcb
ube

Post by ube »

master of the bare pcb
AmigoMexicano

Post by AmigoMexicano »

Sorry for the necroposting... will these be restocked ever again? I want one :)
--
From Mexico City... AmigoMexicano!
(Yes, the same one from many other forums)
videogamedose.com
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I don't think urban is making another batch because there wasn't much interest in them.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”