STFM case remake

Latest Atari related news.
sety

Re: STFM case remake

Post by sety » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:43 am

This topic is starting to interest me. Perhaps if I could find a STF case remake I could complete the project that sent me down the rabbit hole in the first place - that is I wanted an unrepairable ST as a donor case to build a modern computer into. Turns out there's no such thing as an unrepairable ST. :lol:

I'd love to help out if I can. My brother in law has a sintered metal 3D printer in his shop, but I'm not sure of the dimensions. I can ask. He's over in Melbourne though (I'm in Perth)

We have also recently gone through a mining engineering boom over here, but they mines are now fully operational and the setup phase is over, so there are plenty of machining shops happy to take on any job to keep their tools busy. I'm not sure if they can machine a moulding die out of a 3D file, but they can certainly do one from drawings. Only problem is that steel is very heavy and would cost a lot to transport. Ali would be better.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks,
Stuart

mikro

Post by mikro » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Btw, the guy in this video:

shows all the documents confirming that he bought the Jaguar mold and all the tooling for less than $2000 back in 1997.

dhedberg

Post by dhedberg » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Really cool. Too bad nobody seems to know whatever happened to the other (ST/MegaST/STe/MegaSTe/TT/Falcon) molds.
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org. Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo MORE.