New Venture - Exxos and Icky

Latest Atari related news.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Venture - Exxos and Icky

Post by Icky »

Hi,

@exxos and I have been working behind the scenes and through a lot of effort we have managed to procure investment to help us setup a warehouse with a production line. We are looking to start the first production of next generation of STF boards based on the ALPHA and now the H4. We would like to thank the testers and builders who have helped us get to this juncture and now we believe we have the right backing to move this forward for the community.

We hope the future allows us to manufacture a production version of the H4:

STFM_H2E2_2019-Oct-21_10-31-49PM-000_CustomizedView4088725752_png.png
STFM_H2E2_2019-Oct-21_10-31-49PM-000_CustomizedView4088725752_png.png (1 MiB) Viewed 3654 times

We are really excited at this prospect as we have secured a site as a location for our base:

Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 07.33.25.png
Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 07.33.25.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 3654 times

However before we get ahead of ourselves we have run into a delay due to the current world situation and we are on pause for this venture until we know it will be safe to do so and we will then be looking to hire assembly line employees to start producing the yet to be named production version of the STF Remake.

We will keep you posted on our progress after the world has righted itself - stay safe everyone
JezC

Re: New Venture - Exxos and Icky

Post by JezC »

It's a shame this post is on the 1st of April... :lolbig: :poke: :hide:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

That's awesome news, good work @exxos and @Icky .

I'm going to ignore the fact that it's 1st April and hope for a speedy end to this virus crap so that you can get on with business.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I was like :WTF: till I remembered the date :lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

With this unit being literally 30 seconds away from me, I took the liberty of arranging a sneak peek look around a few weeks ago...

Loads of bays outside for arrivals and distribution.

1.JPG
1.JPG (66.46 KiB) Viewed 3614 times

Plenty of shelving space for parts and production.

2.JPG
2.JPG (129.37 KiB) Viewed 3614 times

There is even a small building our back for @PhilC to test stuff to destruction!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

@exxos Is there an IDE building shack for me? I've built so many of late I could do with a bit of a production line ;)

BTW, when are you going to reveal this as your April fools prank?
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:29 am @exxos Is there an IDE building shack for me? I've built so many of late I could do with a bit of a production line ;)
There is only 1 out-building. But I am sure we could rig up some internal benches. There is plenty of room!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Hehehe
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Have you installed the @terriblefire intercom yet? Permanently playing Terriblefire advice to save him repeating himself?

And what about the hot air gun for the shrink wrapping? Located next to Russ's bench so it can double up as a soldering iron?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PhilC wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:21 pm Have you installed the @terriblefire intercom yet? Permanently playing Terriblefire advice to save him repeating himself?

And what about the hot air gun for the shrink wrapping? Located next to Russ's bench so it can double up as a soldering iron?
we're going to use a flamethrower for the shrink wrap!
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”