NEW EXXOS STORE FORUM

Latest Atari related news.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

NEW EXXOS STORE FORUM

Post by exxos »

I have opened up a new sub forum for my store so people can find posts and information easier relating to my store etc.

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=90

I understand people sometimes need help or information etc and there is of course no problem with that, but this is literally all I have been doing for the past few months. I have had virtually no time to work on any hardware or anything else at all :(

If people check their spam folders and stock status posts, And click the (I) button in the store to get install pages for stuff, they would save me a considerable amount of time and I could be getting on with more hardware related things etc. So I'm trying to make this easier for myself and other people.

I constantly get bombarded with exactly the same questions such as :

"I never got a tracking email" (even though they are always sent out and likely in people spam folders)
"When will this product be in stock" ( can be anywhere between now and never, check the status page or my blog! )
"What address did you send to?" ( well, you then one you typed into the store, which unfortunately too many people managed to mess up somehow )
"can you tell me if my order has shipped" ( and there literally is no information in the email to identify the person or the order :roll: )

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with these questions, but when these are the same questions I am answering for literally hours each day...Again I apologise if I am coming across as a bit of a asshole at any point, but please look at it from my point of view, Everyone of these questions generally takes several emails and sometimes people can take some days to reply, so I have to reread the whole email again to figure out what they was on about in the first place. Mostly people send the Stripe receipt which has nothing to do with the actual store order number, so I'm constantly replying back to people asking for the order number some people have no idea of..It just turns into a lot of work to figure out who they are and link them back up to a order to get their information again Even after it is all sent out automatically by the store in the first place.

As I've said a lot of times, I have RSI and even with voice recognition, I just cannot spend all day every day replying to emails. My replies to people are just getting shorter and shorter to the point where I'm just pasting links to people now. I'm not trying to be a asshole to people who need help, but aside from health issues which are causing problems in replying, it is also driving me insane just replying to emails constantly every day. It has literally turned into a full-time job :(. I literally have no time to even read or help anyone on the forum currently because again all my time is taken up with questions similar to above. So when people ask when something will be in stock, it is frustrating because I wish I really had time to work on hardware!

So when the new page goes up, people will just be pointed to it and they can enter their order number or email address to recover all the order information automatically. It will save me many many hours of work and people can get the information they want at any time themselves automatically. With the new forum going online, I hope people will just look at the posts there to see what is going on rather than emailing me constantly.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”