Server downtime

Latest Atari related news.
stephen_usher

Re: Server downtime

Post by stephen_usher »

:excited: :stars: :chairsmack: :headbang: :crazy:
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Apologies for the down time earlier tonight. Was down between about 7pm and 9pm. I was at my girlfriend's so couldn't access the server from her PC. Basically someone forgot to renew the HTTPS certs again :roll: :chairsmack: :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

exxos wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:16 pm Apologies for the down time earlier tonight. Was down between about 7pm and 9pm. I was at my girlfriend's so couldn't access the server from her PC. Basically someone forgot to renew the HTTPS certs again :roll: :chairsmack: :roll:
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I can find out how I've got my Linux box renewing the LetsEncrypt certificates automatically if you like.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

stephen_usher wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:13 am I can find out how I've got my Linux box renewing the LetsEncrypt certificates automatically if you like.
Yeah may help. I'm using getssl and should be possible as a cron job, but I've never got it working :( I use gzip and rsync as a cron job and that works fine :shrug:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

OK, try this...

I've removed my account details (I think) but it still has my domains.

It's using acme.sh but in a global location, which acme.sh isn't really designed to do for some stupid reason.
Attachments
cert-renewer.tar.gz
(196.31 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I found a crontab generator so I guess this would / should work

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (25.84 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
derkom

Post by derkom »

Be careful with things like "./scriptname" in your crontab, because that's going to try to execute a script in whatever is cwd when crond runs the task. I honestly don't even know what that will be, $HOME? /? I would suggest always using absolute paths in crontabs.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

derkom wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:40 pm Be careful with things like "./scriptname" in your crontab, because that's going to try to execute a script in whatever is cwd when crond runs the task. I honestly don't even know what that will be, $HOME? /? I would suggest always using absolute paths in crontabs.
:dualthumbup:

Assume nothing, including the PATH for scripts which run as root.
derkom

Post by derkom »

stephen_usher wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:21 pm including the PATH for scripts which run as root.
Good point, especially the PATH for scripts which run as root! :lol:

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”