Forum Behaviour and Rules

Latest Atari related news.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Behaviour and Rules

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Good morning all.

I'm posting this because of late there has been some behaviour that doesn't meet the standards we expect of users on here.

This forum is intended to be a civilised place where users can enjoy the experience without getting into arguments, being Trolled or Flamed etc.

If you behave in a way that does not meet the forum standards you will face a ban, either temporarily or permanently.

The admin/moderation team does not do this lightly, and many chances are given to ensure there isn't some sort of misunderstanding.

Please all re-acquaint yourselves with the rules found here: https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/app.php/rules and ensure that your conduct meets not only the rules, but the decency expected of normal human beings.

Thank you.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Behaviour and Rules

Post by exxos »

:bump:

We had a lot of new members join lately. So please make sure you read the rules :) We can only keep the forum a friendly place when everyone follows the rules of conduct here.

The internet is only getting worse with trolls who are just looking for endless pointless arguments. As a reminder we have a near zero tollerence for such behaviour on this forum. If you have a problem with what we do or how we run things, then this forum likely isn't for you. We come here to relax and enjoy our retro machines among like minded people.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

EDITING POSTS TIME LIMIT

I got asked this a couple of times over the past month. The current editing limit is 72 hours for posts. Generally once typos and corrections are done there is no real need to edit posts beyond this time. There are of course certain situations where would be useful but moderators can be contacted to make corrections for you after 72 hours time has expired.

WHY LIMIT ?

1)
This has been somewhat debated and questionable for a long time. The reason why this was done (for me personally at least) was again due to arguments on other forums, where there would be a "discussion" where I would correct what people were saying and frankly get annoyed as time went on, only to later find they changed all their posts to match what I had corrected them with. This left me with my annoyed replies which made me look totally nuts as I was correcting them on things which they had "already said" in the first place. Then of course they can claim the victim in response to my "hostile" replies. So I decided in order to not end up in those situations again that posts would be time-limited.

2)
Occasionally people "leave" this forum in a grump and want all their posts deleting etc. While we are not obligated to do this we generally do. But if users had unlimited time to edit their posts, they would go back and delete everything they have written themselves which would break possibly 100s or 1000s of threads. So again this is limited so that we can edit posts or delete them accordingly without trashing a lot of threads.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

As a reminder, can people please take the time to read the forum rules. There is a lot of information as to what is and what isn't allowed on the forum, along with other information which people should take notice of.

:thanksblue:
derkom

Post by derkom »

And as long as we're issuing friendly reminders, a specific reminder to everyone that when you attach images to your posts, upload them to the forum rather than linking to an external source (you can usually just drag an image into your post), and then please use the attachments tab below the post text to "Place inline" in the appropriate spot in your post, rather than just leave the images as bare attachments.

Also, if you put two blank lines both before and after your inlined image, it prevents surrounding text from crowding the image and getting lost!
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

derkom wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:28 am And as long as we're issuing friendly reminders, a specific reminder to everyone that when you attach images to your posts, upload them to the forum rather than linking to an external source (you can usually just drag an image into your post), and then please use the attachments tab below the post text to "Place inline" in the appropriate spot in your post, rather than just leave the images as bare attachments.

Also, if you put two blank lines both before and after your inlined image, it prevents surrounding text from crowding the image and getting lost!
100% with you there.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”