Atari 1040ST PAL to Framemeister (XRGB Mini) Issue

Problems with your machine in general.
Lomax

Atari 1040ST PAL to Framemeister (XRGB Mini) Issue

Post by Lomax »

Hi,

I tried to hook up my PAL Atari 1040 STE to my Framemeister, I got this result:

The Atari works fine when plugged into my Philips CRT using the same SCART cable. My other systems work no problems with the Framemeister. I am using the Euro SCART Adapter with the Framemeister.

The Atari St cable I am using is this one from Retro Computer Shack:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 0978089310

What am I missing? I see others using their Atari ST’s with Framemeister without problem. Any insights into what the problem is, or how video is output by the Atari ST line of computers in general, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lomax
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Atari 1040ST PAL to Framemeister (XRGB Mini) Issue

Post by IngoQ »

Hi,

I can confirm the Atari ST working with the Framemeister quite well. BUT only in colour mode. The high-res mode does not work, since it is out of range of the RGB inputs. You can connect it directly to a displays via a ST-VGA cable though.

When connecting a new system to the Frammeister I always start with resetting to default. You should get at least a usable picture then.

I believe my cable uses the setup as seen here: https://info-coach.fr/atari/hardware/in ... itel_cable, but I can check.
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
Lomax

Post by Lomax »

I’ve ordered another cable, this time from a place called “CoolNovelties”. Will see how this one goes.
Lomax

Post by Lomax »

This new cable has the same problem. :(

If I turn on sync-regeneration on my gscartsw, then I can get a picture, but it flickers and is a bit garbled. Do the 1040STE's put out some sort of weird signal? What do I need to do to make it play nice with my framemeister?
tzok

Post by tzok »

Atari STE doesn't have a true Composite Sync signal, instead it generates Composite Video. This may make troubles with some framedoublers. Only SECAM (French) STEs don't have TV out, and have a clean Composite Sync.
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Lomax wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:00 am If I turn on sync-regeneration on my gscartsw, then I can get a picture, but it flickers and is a bit garbled. Do the 1040STE's put out some sort of weird signal? What do I need to do to make it play nice with my framemeister?
Did you try taking out the Scart-Switch and connecting directly?

I checked my cable, and it is set up like described in the link above. It uses composite sync directly plus v-sync through a 75Ohm resistor. The Framemeister has absolutely no issues with it, not on my 1040STE, not on a 1040STF nor on the H4.

I recommend checking out the cable yourself, I had to rework most cables I have received on various stores.
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”