STE 1st boot grey desktop now changing to green - grey

Problems with your machine in general.
zack4mac

STE 1st boot grey desktop now changing to green - grey

Post by zack4mac »

Hello, my Atari STE is little grey, the rainbow gem is rolling (mono/colour) and everything else seems OK sound, floppy, but the desktop is grey and after a few moments it starts to switch between grey and green and now after about 4 mins they are about equal in the amount of time they display, oh the green is lessening again virtually gone.

I'm lost, thanks in advance for any help.
XEGS, STF/FM/E CBM 64 VC20 PET , ZX81, ZX +3 Harlequin ZXuno
PhilC

Re: STE 1st boot grey desktop now changing to green - grey

Post by PhilC »

Hi Zack,

I'm a little puzzled from the description , so maybe post a video of what it's doing but first thing that comes to mind is a bad connection on the monitor lead?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
zack4mac

Post by zack4mac »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:56 pm Hi Zack,

I'm a little puzzled from the description , so maybe post a video of what it's doing but first thing that comes to mind is a bad connection on the monitor lead?
Thanks for replying I have just found my RGB and it works, but not via the modulator? could it be a capacitor or resister.
Thank you so much, I don't know how you like to be addressed Forgottenmyname, FMN or Forgo :D :thumbup:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

If the modulator output is losing colour, then likely the TV isn't perfectly turned into the STE.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

zack4mac wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:24 pm
Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:56 pm Hi Zack,

Thanks for replying I have just found my RGB and it works, but not via the modulator? could it be a capacitor or resister.
Thank you so much, I don't know how you like to be addressed Forgottenmyname, FMN or Forgo :D :thumbup:
Lol, any of those names are fine, FMN might be a good one for the forum I guess?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
zack4mac

Post by zack4mac »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:30 pm
zack4mac wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Lol, any of those names are fine, FMN might be a good one for the forum I guess?
Thanks again FMN

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”