TOS error #35.

Problems with your machine in general.
PhilC

Re: TOS error #35.

Post by PhilC »

Ok, so I would carry out the floppy mods that exxos has suggested. Have you recapped the psu yet? It could be power related.

But another cause of floppy failure is the DMA chip, I had similar in one of my Mega STs and replacing the DMA cured it.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Spanishispanic

Post by Spanishispanic »

PhilC wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:56 pm Ok, so I would carry out the floppy mods that exxos has suggested. Have you recapped the psu yet? It could be power related.

But another cause of floppy failure is the DMA chip, I had similar in one of my Mega STs and replacing the DMA cured it.
I have an eXxos PSU of the first version released. The original Mega ST PSU apparently works fine on another computer.
I will have to try those eXxos mods, but I am not an electronics technician, I will take it to a person who welds reliably.
Thanks for answering.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

No worries, good luck.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Spanishispanic

Post by Spanishispanic »

PhilC wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:56 pm

I have an STfm for parts, if the DMA chip is the same I can try replacing it.
Spanishispanic

Post by Spanishispanic »

Well, I haven't had much luck with my exploded STfm: it has all the chips soldered on the motherboard, except the TOS and another one that I suppose will be the shifter.
I can't test the chip DMA on my defective Mega ST. :(

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”