Thanks

Sappas
Atari TT column row width issue
Atari TT column row width issue
87D57667-0361-4DBE-AD53-4BC36E015885.jpeg (21.83 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
stephen_usher

Re: [Atari TT] Width column row isn't constant

Post by stephen_usher »

Looks more like the monitor isn't able to sync with the TT's output and so you're getting moire patterns on the screen.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
sappas

Post by sappas »

I've to take a better photography, and with compression artefact but on my falcon, it's perfect !
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

The Falcon outputs standard VGA timed signals, the TT doesn’t. They are outside the acceptable range for standard VGa.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
sappas

Post by sappas »

stephen_usher wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:58 pm The Falcon outputs standard VGA timed signals, the TT doesn’t. They are outside the acceptable range for standard VGa.
Hello, You're rigth, finally between my twenty 5/4 monitor i've found a LG L1915S witch is less bad.
Thanks a lot, for indicate me the right parh.
This issue is close
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

My MSTE shows similar problems when used with a VGA display and in Med-Res. It's quite possible to tweak the settings in the monitors control panel to improve the picture sufficiently to make it acceptable.

I was able to fine tune the horizontal size and use auto contrast to get a great picture. Happens a lot on ST's at Med-Res using VGA displays.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”