I need your help for my Falcon030

Problems with your machine in general.
silversword31

Re: I need your help for my Falcon030

Post by silversword31 »

Where can i get a Combel in Europe (USA is very complicated by the covid19) ? Thanks :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

silversword31 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:43 am Where can i get a Combel in Europe (USA is very complicated by the covid19) ? Thanks :)
Nobody has stock other than BEST :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
sandord

Post by sandord »

exxos wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:31 am Nobody has stock other than BEST :(
Isn't it ironic that BEST is actually the WORST on many levels?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

sandord wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:26 am Isn't it ironic that BEST is actually the WORST on many levels?
I know :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
silversword31

Post by silversword31 »

Worst on what ? Is it a good seller ? There is some problems with him ?
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

silversword31 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:50 pm Worst on what ? Is it a good seller ? There is some problems with him ?
The hardest part is usually persuading him to actually sell you what you ask for.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
derkom

Post by derkom »

silversword31 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:50 pm Worst on what ? Is it a good seller ? There is some problems with him ?
It would be fair, and even a bit charitable, to call Brad "eccentric". Some people have very good experiences with him, while others have an excruciating time trying to purchase things from him, and there often seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of it. I have purchased from him only once, quite a few years ago, and things went fine, but you can find stories in the forums that run the whole gamut of customer experiences.
silversword31

Post by silversword31 »

I've done another capture. I don't understand why the first action of cpu is to write $FFFF. Another curious thing is that /DTACK is totally inactive...
capture1.png
capture1.png (76.4 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
silversword31

Post by silversword31 »

PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

At one point a couple years ago he had MSTE's listed as in stock but to call for a price. He told me he had pallet loads of them in the warehouse but he wouldn't sell one without a referb/checkout and all his technicans were flat out with other things and he couldn't say if they would ever be able to get to them.

They are exensive but ship very quickly if you do purchase something. Have had no issues with anything I have gotten from them. Its just easier to go else where if possible.

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”