Stuck Bleep.

Problems with your machine in general.
czietz

Re: Stuck Bleep.

Post by czietz »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:16 pm Do I have to physically load them even with XCONTROL.ACC in the route directory?
You have to configure XCONTROL.ACC from which directory to load CPXes. But, obviously, you did that because otherwise you would not have gotten the point where you can switch off key clicks in GENERAL.CPX. Hence, assuming you saved the path to the CPXes, you just have to make sure XCONTROL.ACC stays in the root directory of the boot drive and GENERAL.CPX stays where you put it.

Maybe it's easier for you to use one of the countless AUTO programs that just turn off the keyclick? E.g., http://atariftp.czietz.de/pub/atari/Uti ... ickoff.lzh (EDIT: tested to work under EmuTOS -- as expected.)
Cosmic Puppet

Re: Stuck Bleep.

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

czietz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm You have to configure XCONTROL.ACC from which directory to load CPXes. But, obviously, you did that because otherwise you would not have gotten the point where you can switch off key clicks in GENERAL.CPX. Hence, assuming you saved the path to the CPXes, you just have to make sure XCONTROL.ACC stays in the root directory of the boot drive and GENERAL.CPX stays where you put it.

Maybe it's easier for you to use one of the countless AUTO programs that just turn off the keyclick? E.g., http://atariftp.czietz.de/pub/atari/Uti ... ickoff.lzh (EDIT: tested to work under EmuTOS -- as expected.)
Thanks for that! It works and doesn't steal any bytes from Notator.

There is 1 click remaining. If a Notator song is playing then it clicks when I press stop. I'll keep this setup and see if Notator behaves.

Thanks!

And it clicks when the Notator screen loads.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”