Magenta Divine

Problems with your machine in general.
russellnash

Re: Magenta Divine

Post by russellnash »

So having read the schematic, main shifter area, in which I find the handwritten numbers very difficult to read, I have discovered that no voltage comes out of Q4 although voltage is on the input side. I suppose it is knackered.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

russellnash wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:05 am So having read the schematic, main shifter area, in which I find the handwritten numbers very difficult to read, I have discovered that no voltage comes out of Q4 although voltage is on the input side. I suppose it is knackered.
Yes, the schematics can be a bundle of fun once you try to read the handwriting!!

It sounds like maybe you have a culprit, do you by any chance have a 2nd machine to compare against? I thought you said the adapter and cable worked on another machine, so if you can check, do so as it will give you a better picture of what it should be doing when it works before you start to order parts and desolder.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
russellnash

Post by russellnash »

Good idea. I also have a spares board that I could take the part out of.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

russellnash wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:21 am Good idea. I also have a spares board that I could take the part out of.
Cool, keep at it.

It's annoying that I cannot check or do anything at the moment as renting somewhere with all my Atari stuff bar my MSTE in storage :(
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
russellnash

Post by russellnash »

So, cautiously I say that seems to be it, I have Green again on the GEM desktop. Magenta is better, though. :D Storage? I stick everything in the barn, although the rats like to eat certain things. ;)

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”