Stacy repair

Problems with your machine in general.
Bikerbob

Re: Stacy repair

Post by Bikerbob »

Well I took the other stacy and put it on the bench. IT ignores the cartridge completely. Just boots up to the desktop.

So that machine works fine, but it should not be able to ignore the cart correct? there is nothing I need to do to get it on the cart? it should just be first?

Ahhh that sounds more like it rubber_jonnie. Considering what I just had happen here. I think I will have to try another machine and make sure the Diag cart is working.

James
derkom

Post by derkom »

Bikerbob wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:50 pm Well I took the other stacy and put it on the bench. IT ignores the cartridge completely. Just boots up to the desktop.
You probably have dirty contacts on the cartridge slot on the other Stacy. Spray some contact cleaner in there and insert and remove the cartridge a few times. If you don't have contact cleaner, you can use isopropyl alcohol.

I also find that sometimes when the diag cart doesn't want to come up, it'll work if I twist it a little side-to-side as I'm plugging in/out, and it even seems to help if I leave it maybe only 2/3 into the port. These old cartridge ports don't always make such great connections anymore, but they can be convinced with a little effort. :D
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Well the good daughter card did not work in the 1st machine ( the original one I was trying to boot) So the issue is most likely with the board.

One thing I was able to determine with the diag cart was that reset is working on the machine.. because pressing it pauses the lines of output I was getting.

James
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

To wrap this topic up. I had a Stacy 1 and a Stacy 2(upgraded to 4mb)

Between parts of the 2 I was able to reassemble and complete the Stacy2 upgraded. Back in the hands of the owner with a UltraSatan installed in the HDD bay. He was very happy.

James
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Awesomeness! :dualthumbup:
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 1040

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”