From simple AZERTY Falcon project to custom ARM bus master - advice needed please

Problems with your machine in general.
foft

Re: From simple AZERTY Falcon project to custom ARM bus master - advice needed please

Post by foft »

Without the cap it boots and runs fine at 25MHz as well as 16MHz...
foft

Re: From simple AZERTY Falcon project to custom ARM bus master - advice needed please

Post by foft »

Next step: FPU.

FPU 68882 bombs in most apps at 50MHz. If I connect it to the bus clock then it seems to work reliably. I'm curious why it'd bomb at the higher speed, though perhaps its not that important since I really only got it 'because its there'. Still, I kind of want to try to work it out...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

foft wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:41 am @terriblefire said he might make a 68060 in HDL;) I'm tempted too, though its a lot of work...
These days i think this is a pretty daft idea. FPGAs cant really go fast enough to be worth it. I'm increasingly of the opinion that something like an 060 version of Buffee or PiStorm is the future.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “HARDWARE ISSUES”