"TT Touch" Reborn!

Various other hardware solutions.
DominoTree

Re: "TT Touch" Reborn!

Post by DominoTree »

The new prototype domes showed up and so far I'm really happy with them - good tactile feel and not as "stiff" as the TT Touch domes are, and a decent amount of travel unlike the first prototype.

Gonna type on them for a while and see how I feel but I think this might be the final revision for mass production.

Left to right: OEM Atari, TT Touch, Prototype 1, Prototype 2

21-06-14 14-27-21 0877.jpg
21-06-14 14-27-21 0877.jpg (317.24 KiB) Viewed 4515 times
21-06-14 14-27-46 0878.jpg
21-06-14 14-27-46 0878.jpg (328.88 KiB) Viewed 4515 times
Atarian Computing

Post by Atarian Computing »

Oh wow! Totally missed this thread. I'm in for a couple of sets at least!
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

DominoTree wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm Gonna type on them for a while and see how I feel but I think this might be the final revision for mass production.
Sensational work, @DominoTree!

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

DominoTree wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm good tactile feel and not as "stiff" as the TT Touch domes are, and a decent amount of travel unlike the first prototype.
What they like compared to normal ST keys ? With my RSI, "lighter" keys would be good for a couple of my keyboards.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
DominoTree

Post by DominoTree »

exxos wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:37 pm
DominoTree wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm good tactile feel and not as "stiff" as the TT Touch domes are, and a decent amount of travel unlike the first prototype.
What they like compared to normal ST keys ? With my RSI, "lighter" keys would be good for a couple of my keyboards.
They require about the same actuation force but it’s not constant - once you hit that force the resistance drops and the keys go down with almost no force, versus the OEM domes where it’s pretty consistent across the entire key travel, if that makes sense. There’s also slightly more key travel on these versus OEM, but with the larger contact area you don’t have to mash it down at the end of the key travel either - a brief tap gives a much more reliable connection.

I think overall they’d definitely be an improvement for RSI without being too light to accidentally trigger a key press.

If you’d be interested I’d be glad to send you a few of the prototypes to try - I’d love to get your thoughts and it’d be fun to mail something to you instead of always the other way around :P
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

DominoTree wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:50 am.
If you’d be interested I’d be glad to send you a few of the prototypes to try - I’d love to get your thoughts and it’d be fun to mail something to you instead of always the other way around :P
Go for it :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

DominoTree wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm Gonna type on them for a while and see how I feel but I think this might be the final revision for mass production.
Did you get too carried away enjoying your new typing experience to update us, @DominoTree ? :D

What's the conclusion? Keen on seeing some of these bad boys.

Cheers,

BW.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Badwolf wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:30 pm What's the conclusion? Keen on seeing some of these bad boys.
He said to me the other days he took the plunge and got 100 sets made. He's gong to send me one to evaluate soon :) he started talking to me about distributing them via my store also.
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

exxos wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:56 pm He said to me the other days he took the plunge and got 100 sets made. He's gong to send me one to evaluate soon :) he started talking to me about distributing them via my store also.
Cool. I'll watch this space.

I've a keyboard fix I need to do and this is an excellent reason to put it off for a bit more! :?

BW
Steve

Post by Steve »

I saw on FB that his order arrived, so I'm sure we'll hear something soon. I'd like a few sets too :D

Return to “HARDWARE ESSENTIALS”