OSSC w/ ST and UBE VGA settings?

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
Steve

OSSC w/ ST and UBE VGA settings?

Post by Steve »

Hey guys,

I got an OSSC and I'm having difficulty getting a nice output for low and medium res, I have horizontal color grades etc on the desktop. Could anyone share with me their custom settings?

Thanks
stephen_usher

Re: OSSC w/ ST and UBE VGA settings?

Post by stephen_usher »

On my STE I merely use a SCART lead, which gives an excellent picture by default with the OSSC.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thats probably a good idea :) Maybe I'll just get that
Steve

Post by Steve »

stephen_usher wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:35 pm On my STE I merely use a SCART lead, which gives an excellent picture by default with the OSSC.
I just watched this video:

On his STFM he didn't have composite sync capability so he had to install it before SCART worked properly. I am guessing that my STM might be missing this circuitry as well... ;O

Hopefully someone here can confirm this!
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

If it's an STFM then it has a modulator and hence has a composite sync equivalent output.

Otherwise you can generate a composite sync from the discrete H and V sync signals, see this page: https://ianstedman.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... o-engines/
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”