Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
Cyprian
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by Cyprian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:09 am

tuxie wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:10 pm
I would suggest to wait until the Apollo Team has published the SAGA core files for the SAGA Project, the SAGA is very fast and there is already an optimized driver..
as a huge fan of Vampire for Atari, I would say at this moment SAGA isn't a good option for Atari. It is caused by the fact SAGA is just extended Amiga chipset AGA. E.g. its hardware address range is taken directly from Amiga: $dfXXXX and doesn't suit Atari hardware address range $ffXXXX

http://wiki.apollo-accelerators.com/dok ... s?s[]=saga

Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

tuxie
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by tuxie » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am

Whats wrong with this Address range ? What is located there on Atari Side ? And there is already a driver and also we are working on a Sound Driver based on the Magixsound driver from Didier... So whats wrong with it ?

Cyprian
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by Cyprian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:18 pm

tuxie wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am
Whats wrong with this Address range ? What is located there on Atari Side ? And there is already a driver and also we are working on a Sound Driver based on the Magixsound driver from Didier... So whats wrong with it ?
1) It just overlaps with Atari hardware map:

Hardware registers/ROM/Cartridge: $Fxxxxx - $FFFFFF
ROM: $E00000 - $EFFFFF
VME: $A00000 - $DFFFFF
ST-RAM: $000000 - $3FFFFF
ALT-RAM: $400000 - $DFFFFF

2) why should we use Amiga hardware IO when we could have compatible with Atari
Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

tuxie
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by tuxie » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Cyprian wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:18 pm
tuxie wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am
Whats wrong with this Address range ? What is located there on Atari Side ? And there is already a driver and also we are working on a Sound Driver based on the Magixsound driver from Didier... So whats wrong with it ?
1) It just overlaps with Atari hardware map:

Hardware registers/ROM/Cartridge: $Fxxxxx - $FFFFFF
ROM: $E00000 - $EFFFFF
VME: $A00000 - $DFFFFF
ST-RAM: $000000 - $3FFFFF
ALT-RAM: $400000 - $DFFFFF

2) why should we use Amiga hardware IO when we could have compatible with Atari
ALT-RAM is only used when it exisit, should not get any error !!

2. Because it exisit, for Atari there is no FPGA GPU existing!! Or is there a powerfull one ? And Amiga is 68k too so why not ? Stop this WAR please!!!
Then when we have the code, we could also change the addresses!!!

Cyprian
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by Cyprian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:39 pm

tuxie wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:40 pm
ALT-RAM is only used when it exisit, should not get any error !!

2. Because it exisit, for Atari there is no FPGA GPU existing!! Or is there a powerfull one ? And Amiga is 68k too so why not ?
there is no GPU in SAGA, Isn't it?
I'ts just VIDEL equivalent.

Just to clarify, we are talking about SAGA only, not about Vampire and 68080 core.
tuxie wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:40 pm
Stop this WAR please!!!
there is no any war here.

As I mentioned I'm Vampire fan, and waiting for ST version.
But Amiga in ST or ST (EmuTOS) in Amiga is out of my interest.
tuxie wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:40 pm
Then when we have the code, we could also change the addresses!!!
That's what we need, Atari compatible hardware. I guess it would be easy to adopt SAGA to Atari.
Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Cyprian
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by Cyprian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Cyprian wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:39 pm
That's what we need, Atari compatible hardware. I guess it would be easy to adopt SAGA to Atari.
there is another option - SuperVidel core. What is it status? Is it open, freeware?

That option would be the best due to performance and compatibility level.
Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

User avatar
Smonson
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by Smonson » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 am

For those who don't already know, I have a HDMI/DVI mod for STFMs - if you just want to use the three stock ST video modes on an HDMI monitor. It uses an FPGA to replace the shifter chip.

All the details are in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=330

Cyprian
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am

Re: Side Project: rPi (CosmosEx) as HDMI graphics card

Post by Cyprian » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:57 am

Smonson wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 am
For those who don't already know, I have a HDMI/DVI mod for STFMs - if you just want to use the three stock ST video modes on an HDMI monitor. It uses an FPGA to replace the shifter chip.

All the details are in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=330
It's well known to me, and I watch it with interest.
Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Post Reply

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”