If anyone wants a project..

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
frank.lukas

Re: If anyone wants a project..

Post by frank.lukas »

There are also back in the days a Co MCU from a shop in wien/austria

-> http://tho-otto.de/hypview/hypview.cgi? ... 8&index=42
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:27 am There is the DRAM board I mentioned a couple weeks ago if you wanted a board to route.. This one would be 68k footprint pretty much PLD and DRAM. As it would be 68k, no use in any DRAM over 16mb as we can only really use 4mb - 14mb range for alt-ram anyway. I did get the xlinix chips, don't think I decided on a RAM yet though. RAM would need to be quick to use up to 60mhz CPU. Such a board would plug right into a H4. The 5v sram ones I designed end up costing towards £100 mark.. Its why I wanted some help with your dram controller stuff to design a cheaper board.
Fire what you have in an email to me. I'm in bed ill right now and the only thing keeping me sane is the Critical Drinker youtube channel.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Alternatively I could brain damage the TF536 to one SDRAM and a XC95144XL? Keep IDE?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:51 pm Alternatively I could brain damage the TF536 to one SDRAM and a XC95144XL? Keep IDE?
I think that's probably a good idea as the ram is relatively cheap as well as being fast.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PhilC wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:08 pm
terriblefire wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:51 pm Alternatively I could brain damage the TF536 to one SDRAM and a XC95144XL? Keep IDE?
I think that's probably a good idea as the ram is relatively cheap as well as being fast.
Maybe. Haven't looked at that design. Though it has to be a 68k footprint, so wouldn't be room for anything else like IDE. Keep it simple, compact.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 pm
PhilC wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:08 pm

Maybe. Haven't looked at that design. Though it has to be a 68k footprint, so wouldn't be room for anything else like IDE. Keep it simple, compact.
I quickly checked this out and i cant make a T100 chip fit inside a 68K socket and the VQ64 isnt big enough to run an SDRAM alone. Not enough pins or macrocells.
———
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:19 am I quickly checked this out and i cant make a T100 chip fit inside a 68K socket and the VQ64 isnt big enough to run an SDRAM alone. Not enough pins or macrocells.
ah crap. it must be larger than the PLD's I use then as they just fit :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:23 am
terriblefire wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:19 am I quickly checked this out and i cant make a T100 chip fit inside a 68K socket and the VQ64 isnt big enough to run an SDRAM alone. Not enough pins or macrocells.
ah crap. it must be larger than the PLD's I use then as they just fit :(
False alarm.. i was being an idiot and trying to squeeze them in at 45 degrees.
Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 11.26.20.png
Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 11.26.20.png (61.66 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
———
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:27 am False alarm.. i was being an idiot and trying to squeeze them in at 45 degrees.
:lol: Yeah this is how I got it in...

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (44.46 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:27 am
terriblefire wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:27 am False alarm.. i was being an idiot and trying to squeeze them in at 45 degrees.
:lol: Yeah this is how I got it in...

Capture.PNG
Just a quick question though... why perfectly 68k? cant we extend 1cm in one direction and have IDE?
———

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”