Atari ST keyboard interface.

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Atari ST keyboard interface.

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Mouse and most keys on keyboard do work now. (When you realize that function expects pointer not the value itself... which causes to pulls random locations from RAM).

Next step is to implement special keys like shifts, alt control. And keyboard reset.

I still have issues with clean power up of stm32, sometimes it needs restarting at the beginning for some reason.

For joystick implementation I need to implement reading and ability to set up joystick modes, as there are two separate modes for mouse and joystick.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

First success with joysticks :)

I had some troubles setting up interrupts priority level on USART and USBs ports, and this resulted in overrun error on usart. It is the best way of learning.

I managed to more or less successfully implement following modes
keyboard event mode (only mode)
mouse relative positioning
joystick even mode
joystick interrogation mode

plus
keyboard reset - I don't reset stm32 USB takes too long to initialize, but restore to default settings.

It is tidy up time, and need to implement other minor stuff, and maybe time to design hardware/PCB?
~ Stanislaw Lem
ari.tao

Post by ari.tao »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:08 pm Is there a software which would help keyboard testing?
Perhaps this might help You?
Attachments
KEYBOARD.ZIP
(21.25 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Falcon, TT & some more
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Initial firmware it works on Nucleo board just now with USB HS port (cannot easily physically connect FS).
https://github.com/arkadiuszmakarenko/USB2Atari

Time to learn PCB design in Eagle?
~ Stanislaw Lem
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

ari.tao wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:38 am
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:08 pm Is there a software which would help keyboard testing?
Perhaps this might help You?
Thank you. It is simple, but effective!
~ Stanislaw Lem
JezC

Post by JezC »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 am Initial firmware it works on Nucleo board just now with USB HS port (cannot easily physically connect FS).

I was hoping to get the Nucleo board that you are using & try it for myself...but it appears to be out of stock pretty much everywhere (or at least from all the usual suppliers we use - Farnell, Anglia, Future etc.)
In fact, I don't think I have any STM32 Nucleo boards with either F7 or H7 fitted! I do have some discovery boards with them...but they tend to be less flexible with the IO than the Nucleo boards. :(

EDIT - As usual, I'm wrong...I just can't find things when I want to!
:blonde:
I have just uncovered a Nucleo H743 board (144 pin package) - appears to be an H743ZI device fitted. :D

Of course, knowing how ST manage their s/w releases it's bound to be supporting a different version of the CubeMX/driver layer than the one you are using... :roll:
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

JezC wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 am Initial firmware it works on Nucleo board just now with USB HS port (cannot easily physically connect FS).

I was hoping to get the Nucleo board that you are using & try it for myself...but it appears to be out of stock pretty much everywhere (or at least from all the usual suppliers we use - Farnell, Anglia, Future etc.)
In fact, I don't think I have any STM32 Nucleo boards with either F7 or H7 fitted! I do have some discovery boards with them...but they tend to be less flexible with the IO than the Nucleo boards. :(

I bought mine in RS (UK) https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processo ... s/1345561/
~ Stanislaw Lem
JezC

Post by JezC »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:42 am I bought mine in RS (UK) https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processo ... s/1345561/
Ah, forgot to check RS...and they even have a few in stock (I'm in the UK too)...will have to see how much postage might be on top of the £18.35 price tag (and whether I can afford that alongside the next shortages for my H4 build)...
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

JezC wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:52 am
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:42 am I bought mine in RS (UK) https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processo ... s/1345561/
Ah, forgot to check RS...and they even have a few in stock (I'm in the UK too)...will have to see how much postage might be on top of the £18.35 price tag (and whether I can afford that alongside the next shortages for my H4 build)...
It was £18.35 delivered. I ordered it for troubleshooting TF CD32 riser power issues, so I just happened to have it.
~ Stanislaw Lem
JezC

Post by JezC »

I might have to compare the prices on RS with the others for my shortages then - Farnell is free P&P over £20 IIRC but don't carry all the parts I need (but I sometimes manage to get a discount if I order via work...)

So much to do, so little time!

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”