New SCSI Solutions for Atari/Amiga!

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
DaveC

Re: New SCSI Solutions for Atari/Amiga!

Post by DaveC »

That didn't report any errors at least. Maybe I should grab a copy of Kobold to be more certain.
Steve

Post by Steve »

DaveC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 pm That didn't report any errors at least. Maybe I should grab a copy of Kobold to be more certain.
KOBOLD35.zip
(118.65 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
beel1

Post by beel1 »

Steve wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:04 pm @beel1 No just stock clock speed. You're running a Rascsi also I assume? It could be the Micro-SD card, I am using a Sandisk C10 Ultra.
Steve wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:30 pm @beel1 I just remembered, on the rascsi wiki it says that the rascsi.service software is single threaded - and the Pi Zero is single core, so it might help.

https://github.com/akuker/RASCSI/wiki/Benchmarks
I suspect that the Pi 0 got higher scores because the RaSCSI software only uses one core. This gives the Pi 0 a slight clock speed advantage
I gave my old Pi1B+ a try and got 0.9MB/s on my PC with RaSCSI 1.52 baremetal build :shock: :D
I only use Sandisk C10 Ultra cards too
Steve

Post by Steve »

@beel1 wow that is awesome, I wasn't even aware of the bare-metal build. I think I will keep the Raspbian build for mine because I like how I can SSH directly into it over my wifi, I'm not sure if the bare-metal build would allow that?
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

I'm expecting a RaSCSI to turn up today. Also realized I've just stuck my spare micro SD card into a Wii for the kids to use in their room at the weekend :roll:
beel1

Post by beel1 »

Steve wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:59 am @beel1 wow that is awesome, I wasn't even aware of the bare-metal build. I think I will keep the Raspbian build for mine because I like how I can SSH directly into it over my wifi, I'm not sure if the bare-metal build would allow that?
It won't, there is no network support on bare metal, you can only have a summary and error log if you attach a display on the Pi. The point of this build is to have no OS running :D
beel1

Post by beel1 »

Great video of Mac84 showing how to setup RaSCSI (on a Mac) including the experimental Daynaport emulation :dualthumbup:

Steve

Post by Steve »

I'm waiting for some more testing and instructions for the Dynaport over wifi, looking forward to that when it's ready.

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”