RaSCSI for Atari - Testers needed

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
Steve

RaSCSI for Atari - Testers needed

Post by Steve »

Hi people,

If you aren't already aware of the excellent RaSCSI device, here is a description from the wiki:
RaSCSI is a virtual SCSI device emulator that runs on a Raspberry Pi. It is a two piece solution, with a hardware and software component. RaSCSI can emulate multiple SCSI devices concurrently, provides a control interface to attach / detach drives, as well as insert and eject removable media. Simply connect the RaSCSI interface board to your system, launch the RaSCSI software on the Raspberry Pi, and the virtual devices will be accessible as physical SCSI devices!
github.com/akuker/RASCSI/wiki

We really need more Atari testing on the RaSCSI. So if anyone here has a SCSI enabled Atari and find the hardware interesting, please get yourself a unit and do some testing. Feel free to join the Discord community.

I am currently trying to get the Daynaport (internet over scsi) emulation to work on Atari, but at the moment I'm the only person doing this and I really would appreciate others trying it too. I have a Github issue open where me and Uwe Siemet are trying to figure it out: https://github.com/akuker/RASCSI/issues/279
alienkidmj12

Re: RaSCSI for Atari - Testers needed

Post by alienkidmj12 »

i'd like to look at this,

i'm assuming it connects to the acsi port on mste ?

where can i get one built ?

thanks

dave
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

You need an ACSI to SCSI adapter of some kind to use it.
Steve

Post by Steve »

You can buy them pre-made on Amigakit. Since this post all the Daynaport issues have been solved and working 100% with Atari. SCSI of course, not ACSI.

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”