Cost of swapping elements on Amiga 4000 motherboard

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
mgi

Cost of swapping elements on Amiga 4000 motherboard

Post by mgi »

Hi,

I am looking for a while for a sensibly priced A4000 (I know, it is an oxymoron) but the few I have seen had quite a damage to the motherboard from the battery leakage. I was wondering if there is anyone who could simple move all the elements from the damaged but still working motherboard to the newly printed one which you could buy for 50GBP on eBay and what would be the cost of such service? Did anyone try this before?

Cheers
Michal
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Cost of swapping elements on Amiga 4000 motherboard

Post by terriblefire »

mgi wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:46 am Hi,

I am looking for a while for a sensibly priced A4000 (I know, it is an oxymoron) but the few I have seen had quite a damage to the motherboard from the battery leakage. I was wondering if there is anyone who could simple move all the elements from the damaged but still working motherboard to the newly printed one which you could buy for 50GBP on eBay and what would be the cost of such service? Did anyone try this before?

Cheers
Michal
I think @chucky was charging €350 for this + you had to supply 2 old motherboards. Price may not be exact but its ballpark.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
chucky

Post by chucky »

either I am supplied with a donorboard and 500euros..

or 2 donorboards. and I keep one ofthem. and you get one swapped back.
mgi

Post by mgi »

Thank you very much! Will follow up on PRIV

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”