A cautionary tale !

Tool suggestions, soldering tips, general useful electronics knowhow.
supaduper

Re: A cautionary tale !

Post by supaduper »

UPDATE **

So the ALICE chips arrived and I swapped the first one out and ................it is back up and running.WooHoo !

Second one swapped out and ................Boo no cigar :( :D , I am certain the ALICE chip they sent is faulty as it is a pull from another board (Analogic Computers), so I will ask for a replacement,

I need to get the first one running as it is like an old friend and has been with me through all the Terrible Fire years 8-)

UPDATE2 **

I bought three ALICE chips and was going to send the faulty one back before using the third one but I bit the bullet and swapped that out too and....The Old gal is working fine again 8-)

So another calamity is averted, I`m well chuffed

but the faulty ALICE is still going back as they were £50 each ! :cry: :)

Here endeth thee olde Tale :D ;) :roll:
go0se

Post by go0se »

supaduper wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:16 pm I am certain the ALICE chip they sent is faulty as it is a pull from another board (Analogic Computers), so I will ask for a replacement,

I need to get the first one running as it is like an old friend and has been with me through all the Terrible Fire years 8-)

The Tale continues :D ;) :roll:
The question is.... have you had the cojones to desolder the new chip from the now fixed board and try it on the one that wasn't fixed to prove the theory about the faulty replacement? :lol:

"The Terriblefire Years" - Sounds like a dark period from history! :)
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

go0se wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:35 pm
supaduper wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:16 pm I am certain the ALICE chip they sent is faulty as it is a pull from another board (Analogic Computers), so I will ask for a replacement,

The Tale continues :D ;) :roll:
The question is.... have you had the cojones to desolder the new chip from the now fixed board and try it on the one that wasn't fixed to prove the theory about the faulty replacement? :lol:

"The Terriblefire Years" - Sounds like a dark period from history! :)

I refer you back to my previous post Mr Goose Bwaaaaaaaaa ! lol :lol:
go0se

Post by go0se »

Good work!

As Meat Loaf once sang after ordering replacement ICs for his CD32s : "Two out of three ain't bad"

Return to “ELECTRONICS”