Atari ST Power Pack - a request

News,announcements,programming,fixes,game patches & discussions.

Moderator: Petari

PeteW

Atari ST Power Pack - a request

Post by PeteW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm

When I got my ST I seem to remember it was a 'Power Pack' that came bundled with a good number of games including rtype, bubble bobble, buggy boy, Space Harrier, after burner, xenon and overlander.

While I have copies of some of these games, others (like Overlander) seem harder to come by in .st format.

Does anyone have .st format copies of the original disks? I played these games for months before getting any others and even though some of them aren't great, I'd still like to play them again for old times sake :)

Petari
Software Moderator
Software Moderator

Re: Atari ST Power Pack - a request

Post by Petari » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am

PeteW wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm
Does anyone have .st format copies of the original disks? I played these games for months before getting any others and even though some of them aren't great, I'd still like to play them again for old times sake :)
You can not make ST format copies of original copy protected disks. What you need is so called crack - copy with removed copy protection.
Look here: http://www.planetemu.net/
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

PeteW

Post by PeteW » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Thanks - unfortunately, nobody has seen fit to crack the power pack (or all the individual games). Can only get stx format currently for some of them!

DrF

Post by DrF » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Here's some info that might help you fill in the gaps, a list of the different ST packs :

http://www.tercsirobi.byethost14.com/in ... Collection

Some lists of the games people remember in the packs :

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=468

Some of the same games in the different packs were a little different, I know that the After Burner was different to the commercial release I think it's missing the intro and is on 1 disk, the retail version was on 2 disks, I guess could be down to some ST's having single sided drives.

I would guess it would be easier to find the none power pack versions of the games :(

Petari
Software Moderator
Software Moderator

Post by Petari » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm

I converted STX of Overlander + Starglider + Super Huey to ST, because it seems not copy protected.
atari.8bitchip.info/TestMe/PowerPackSta ... erHuey.zip
Will look others for protection ...
Btw. Overlander STX image at Atarimania (separated game release) is buggy version - it crashes after short play, funny that nobody noticed it .
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

PeteW

Post by PeteW » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Petari wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm
I converted STX of Overlander + Starglider + Super Huey to ST
Thank you so much! I've downloaded but won't be able to try for a week as am on holiday :)