I doubt anyone's interested, but...

News,announcements,programming,fixes,game patches & discussions.

Moderator: troed

stephen_usher

I doubt anyone's interested, but...

Post by stephen_usher »

I doubt that anyone's interested but I've just fixed the permissions on the Oxford University Department of Earth Sciences so that the download links from the original MiNTOS web page (http://www.earth.ox.ac.uk/~steve/mintos.html) work again.

You may notice on the web page that it says that both my 520STM and TT were poorly... 25 years later and they're now happy again. :)
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
JezC

Re: I doubt anyone's interested, but...

Post by JezC »

I think that's great news - I'm trying to resurrect my Falcon at the moment but if I get chance I will try & download it to run on my Mega 4 + Megafile 60...

Glad to hear your Atari's are back in operation again. :D
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

:bravo:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
DrF

Post by DrF »

Its quite awesome that things like this still exist and get fixed, just think how much we lost already? and how much we are going to lose in the future :(
JezC

Post by JezC »

Absolutely! A colleague is trying to resurrect an early version of Unix to run on a PDP 11. The source doesn't quite match the working binaries so he's trying to reverse engineer it. :?

Return to “SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING & DISCUSSION”