trying to find a working copy.

News,announcements,programming,fixes,game patches & discussions.

Moderator: troed

Bikerbob

trying to find a working copy.

Post by Bikerbob »

This was also posted on Atari-Forum, but I know some dont use both.. so I thought I would post here as well.

Hello all. I am using an Eiffel 3 keyboard adapter for my Ataris.

If you have heard of this you know it is a PD project.. source etc has been released.

https://didierm.pagesperso-orange.fr/files/eiffel.lzh . I am trying to use the control panel program that is supposed to be for the ST(e) TT and Falcon.

It will currently only run on the TT or Falcon, and when it does for me the RSC included with it.. is not viewable in B/W or Colour.

Anyone willing to take a look at the source.. maybe debug why it will not run on the ST platforms? and also why the RSC makes it unviewable???

Thanks

James

eiffel2.jpg
eiffel2.jpg (212.45 KiB) Viewed 5207 times
eiffel1.jpg
eiffel1.jpg (171.23 KiB) Viewed 5207 times
frank.lukas

Re: trying to find a working copy.

Post by frank.lukas »

Try it ...
EIFFELCF.zip
(77.71 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Thankyou frank.

Works well in TT030.. but takes a very long time to load.. not sure why.. but works.

I also got it to load in ST high.. does something kind of funny to fit the screen.. but works.

Now I need to learn and understand why in the original basic 3 set.. ( the full set) the tilde key was not programmed.. it is an existing key on an Atari keyboard. SO.. even if I say.. screw it.. it does not exist.. how to change the set.. can I download what is in there?? and will it make it into an .inf file that I can modify? or do I need to know how to modify a .hex file?

I guess I might need to find some kind of program that will report to me what the codes from the tilde key are? unshift and shift.

Well.. it's a fantastic step.. thanks. Are you good with me posting this up on facebook frank? there were people there that could not get it working as well.

James
frank.lukas

Post by frank.lukas »

The Software package is original only the rsc file are revised by a user from atari-home.de. Not from me. Post it on Facebook, am not active on Facebook.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

frank.lukas wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:55 pm The Software package is original only the rsc file are revised by a user from atari-home.de. Not from me. Post it on Facebook, am not active on Facebook.
WOW.. so after all that discussion on atari-home.de all that ended up being changed was the rsc file?? sounded like there was actual reprogramming?

James
czietz

Post by czietz »

frank.lukas wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:55 pm The Software package is original only the rsc file are revised by a user from atari-home.de.
That is not correct. As I had explained to you here: https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php/t ... #msg218753, I patched the binary, as well.
frank.lukas

Post by frank.lukas »

Sorry ...

... forget everything !

@Bikerbob ask @czietz about the fakebook posting.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

I need to understand. I am sorry if this is causing any friction.

So the last posted version by frank.lucas. IS it good to go for me? using a US TOS and US PS/2 KEYBOARD?

I have read the readme file and I am having a hard time understanding the flash process for the tables.

is the eiffel.hex in the archive frank uploaded good for me to load? I load the .hex.. then I can flash the .inf?

IF all I want to change is this line.

:5B /* offset + 0x0E <2> (`) ( at left key 1 ) */ in the unshifted table to

:29 /* offset + 0x0E <2> (`) ( at left key 1 ) */ - the reason the key does not work I THINK.. because 5B is not a valid Atari code.

I just change that line in the unshifted.inf - load the eiffel.hex and then flash the .inf??

James

edit - I went ahead and did it. All working as it should.

Return to “SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING & DISCUSSION”