RSC to assembler source capable SW ?

News,announcements,programming,fixes,game patches & discussions.

Moderator: Petari

Petari
Software Moderator
Software Moderator

RSC to assembler source capable SW ?

Post by Petari » Thu May 24, 2018 8:15 pm

I know 2 SW what can generate assembler S file from RSC : RSCTOASM and ORCS resource editor. Unfortunately none of 2 is flawless. Need lot of additional corrections to make S files proper, and some RSC files are too hard for them.
So, question is: is there some other SW for this purpose available ? That may save me from some extra work - in project called 'more free RAM with STs' :D
Which is under fine progress, btw.
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

arf

Re: RSC to assembler source capable SW ?

Post by arf » Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Petari wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:15 pm
So, question is: is there some other SW for this purpose available ?
ResourceMaster from Armin Diedering
--
Against signature spam!

Petari
Software Moderator
Software Moderator

Re: RSC to assembler source capable SW ?

Post by Petari » Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 am

Thanx. But it is demo v. with disabled all saves. I found English , full v. - and there output file settings section is just empty. And I'm even not sure that it generates complete S file of resource, or only S file with object names and numbers (equ to H file in C) .
Anyway, I made it with S file generated by ORCS, just needed many extra corrections. RSCTOASM was confused by AES RSC in TOS 1.04 (same is in 1.62), and yes, there are some strange things - unclear probably because not enough detailed AES docs (what a surprise !) .
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.