50MHz STFM

Benchmark screenshots for various boosters & machines.
Post Reply
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7423
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

50MHz STFM

Post by exxos » Wed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm

50MHz 68000 & ROM

BLITTER OFF
20650.jpg
20650.jpg (93.1 KiB) Viewed 604 times

BLITTER ON
3.jpg
3.jpg (96.69 KiB) Viewed 604 times
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

User avatar
Darklord
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: 50MHz STFM

Post by Darklord » Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 pm

Just looking at the screenshots, that's without any cache, correct?

Wondering how much of a difference it would make.

Just curious...
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7423
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: 50MHz STFM

Post by exxos » Sun May 05, 2019 11:31 pm

Darklord wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 pm
Just looking at the screenshots, that's without any cache, correct?

Wondering how much of a difference it would make.

Just curious...
Theres no cache.. Cache is only really possible with 020 or higher CPU with it built in. I only work with 68000 stuff currently.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

User avatar
Darklord
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: 50MHz STFM

Post by Darklord » Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 am

exxos wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:31 pm
Darklord wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 pm
Just looking at the screenshots, that's without any cache, correct?

Wondering how much of a difference it would make.

Just curious...
Theres no cache.. Cache is only really possible with 020 or higher CPU with it built in. I only work with 68000 stuff currently.
Was just thinking of the accelerators like ICD's AdSpeed....

Thanks.
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7423
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: 50MHz STFM

Post by exxos » Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 am

Darklord wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 am
Was just thinking of the accelerators like ICD's AdSpeed....
Tag ram is impossible to buy. But internal cpu caches are better,faster,compact, and free. In terms of falcon caches, they seem to give about 25% boost overall. You might have missed our 16mhz machine, it runs a lot faster than caches.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1836#p21577
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

User avatar
Darklord
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: 50MHz STFM

Post by Darklord » Mon May 06, 2019 1:24 pm

exxos wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 am
Darklord wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 am
Was just thinking of the accelerators like ICD's AdSpeed....
Tag ram is impossible to buy. But internal cpu caches are better,faster,compact, and free. In terms of falcon caches, they seem to give about 25% boost overall. You might have missed our 16mhz machine, it runs a lot faster than caches.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1836#p21577
Oh, thanks - I'll look it over - sounds promising! :)
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

Steve
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:49 am

Re: 50MHz STFM

Post by Steve » Tue May 07, 2019 8:25 am

Is this an upgrade kit you might offer sometime? Or just a benchmark of something not fit for consumer use :)
Falcon ct60e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64 2mb // Atari STM 4160 - 4MB ram - 16Mhz exxos 1.5 booster - Ultrasatan

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7423
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: 50MHz STFM

Post by exxos » Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am

Steve wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:25 am
Is this an upgrade kit you might offer sometime? Or just a benchmark of something not fit for consumer use :)
There is a whole thread about progress on it all... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Post Reply