TT stock benchmarks

Benchmark screenshots for various boosters & machines.
Icky
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Re: TT stock benchmarks

Post by Icky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:53 pm

I think I know what the confusion is here.

Where we are comparing as Chris rightly says against an ST we are getting a 0% for Float Math as there is nothing to compare against.

However Steve you are seeing difference between the other TT's in the time it is taking to complete that function and not the output.

Yours is taking 7.x in time to reach the conclusion of 0% where as ours is taking 3.x in time.

To confirm the Float Math when compared against the base TT16MED.GB6 test file actually comes back around 100% mark on my TT in stock. I also did a test against this with my FPU overclocked to 40MHz and got 245% for Float Math.

GemBench - TT ST Med FPU Overclocked.png
GemBench - TT ST Med FPU Overclocked.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 80 times

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TT stock benchmarks

Post by exxos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:01 pm

I never even looked at the "time" figures.. Never give it a thought it would even output "time" when result was 0%.. but makes more sense now!

But yeah, The FPU routine will run say 10,000 loops and output a time in seconds on how long it took to complete.

If the benchmark file has a FPU benchmark done (like Falcon TT etc) then it will show a speed comparison between the file and system and thus show a % figure.

FWIW, its the same "issue" with alt-ram tests...
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.