Ghouls 'n Ghosts (platformer)

Our top picks of ST games!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ghouls 'n Ghosts (platformer)

Post by exxos »

Today I thought that I would entertain myself with a few games of Ghouls 'n Ghosts, a classic platformer and a fantastic Atari ST conversion by Software Creations for US Gold. However, I only ended up laughing out loud whilst I suffered numerous deaths in utter frustration! For those that have been living on another planet, this is the sequel to Ghosts 'n Goblins, another game which I'm not particularly great at. Sigh... when will I ever learn?
Ghouls Ghosts Atari ST.jpg
Ghouls Ghosts Atari ST.jpg (39.64 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
This is a beautifully crafted conversion and very close to the original with rock-solid gameplay that will take many moons to master. The visuals are lovely with smooth scrolling and superb sprites - who doesn't love it when Arthur bumps into a baddie and somehow loses his clothes? It sure doesn't make any sense but it has our 7-year old laughing her cotton socks off which is a win in my book.

In fact, all sprites are beautifully drawn with gorgeous details, just look at the buzzards as a wonderful example. Musically, Ghouls 'N Ghosts features captivating tunes and some of the most memorable I've ever heard. Just listen to the first level's music. Wow, it doesn't get better than this.
Atari ST Ghouls And Ghosts.jpg
Atari ST Ghouls And Ghosts.jpg (51.03 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
Ghouls N Ghosts is such a difficult game but it's also an arcade classic too. It looks great, sounds incredible and offers you the chance to enjoy the most frustrating gameplay. Dare you accept this challenge? Go on...!!

Floppies can be found on the Stonish website with 8BitChip having a hard disk version

Article source ataricrypt

Feel free to post your high scores below!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “GAME ZONE”