STFM case remake

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STFM case remake

Post by Icky »

@rmahlert - progress on the Giant Panda and Case is a bit slow. Time and remaking some of the Giant Panda parts to make it stronger has been getting in the way.

Yes I had printed a backplane to get a feel for a bigger print. Once I get the new parts on the printer I will try and do a bottom case print to see how it goes.

Good luck with your build. I would make sure the long spans are very rigid and might need strengthening to reduce bowing.
rmahlert

Post by rmahlert »

Icky wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 pm @rmahlert - progress on the Giant Panda and Case is a bit slow. Time and remaking some of the Giant Panda parts to make it stronger has been getting in the way.

Yes I had printed a backplane to get a feel for a bigger print. Once I get the new parts on the printer I will try and do a bottom case print to see how it goes.

Good luck with your build. I would make sure the long spans are very rigid and might need strengthening to reduce bowing.

Thanks Icky..

I bought 12mm for the Y axis, hoping that will be strong enough. If I ever get them! Shipped at the end of December, from Wuhan!! hmm.. wonder why it's been slow getting here???? Everything else I order the same day from other AliExpress stores arrived within 2 weeks.

I'd love to build something similar to your Panda. But, the extruded aluminium isn't a normal item here in the US.

Rob
Rob
-----------------------------------------------
Falcon CT60, TT030, Mega STE, 1040 ST
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Finally got some time to swing back round to the 3D model. I finally fixed the mouse / joystick port area on the bottom of the case.

Further back in the thread I showed a picture of one of the prototype 3D prints and the mouse port being incorrect. Green arrows show missing fillets on the 3D printed port and Orange arrows showing the cable entry being too flat on the prototype.

IMG_4161.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg (65.13 KiB) Viewed 7851 times

Below is the port corrected. Now I can move on to some of the other items that need fixing.

Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 23.12.56.png
Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 23.12.56.png (416.04 KiB) Viewed 7851 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:19 pm Below is the port corrected. Now I can move on to some of the other items that need fixing.
Like the entire stop section ;) Amazing what a poor state those original 3D files were in :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Have been working on the case files today. Have sorted out a lot of inaccuracies in the top part of the case. So much so it looks a lot better and aligns well.

So we thought you might like to see the case rendered.

Hopefully I can fix a few more areas tomorrow and then see if the Giant Panda can start printing :)

H4 Case.png
H4 Case.png (430.65 KiB) Viewed 4938 times

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:bravo: :logo:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@Icky ah, so that's what's kept you busy then :lol:

That does look pretty damn good.

Livestream GP printing the case? Not sure I'd stay up to watch it all. What's the predicted print time?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
derkom

Post by derkom »

Icky wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 pm https://youtu.be/QgUQiEqmzWM
Okay now show us what the video looks like at 32 MHz. :lol:

Case is looking excellent!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PhilC wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:42 am @Icky ah, so that's what's kept you busy then :lol:

That does look pretty damn good.

Livestream GP printing the case? Not sure I'd stay up to watch it all. What's the predicted print time?
The slicer is predicting 24 hours to print the base part of the case with a 20% in-fill and using 0.6kg of material that includes supports.

When I get it setup and start printing I'll try and do a time-lapse video.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Icky wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:35 am The slicer is predicting 24 hours to print the base part of the case with a 20% in-fill and using 0.6kg of material that includes supports.

When I get it setup and start printing I'll try and do a time-lapse video.
@Icky are you able to do large prints in like that in one hit? I'd be interested in an early version for my H4 if you are up for producing a small run?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “3D MODELS”