Case for VGA adapter (low cost version)

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
Plagued

Re: Case for VGA adapter (low cost version)

Post by Plagued »

Methanoid wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:38 am Mine looks better (printed in PETG) but I cannot assemble it cos of the pins being wrong side of PCB :roll: But the 3D printer did an excellent job on case
Is this the jumper pins? It should be easy enough for me to edit the model to move them to the other side if we need two versions, or have you just got a one off?

It's also reminded me, I have a resin printer that I wanted to run a print off as those print in incredible detail.
I've also got some other atari parts, like a gotek floppy case that replicates the original Atari floppy face I may get them posted up when I'm happy with them.
Methanoid

Post by Methanoid »

Think mine came from a cock up batch ;-) If only I had known you'd easily change design and had FDD face etc... been scouring everywhere for those. Kinda gave up and decided to put Gotek in machine and use a 3D filler plate for that
Plagued

Post by Plagued »

Methanoid wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:23 pm Think mine came from a cock up batch ;-) If only I had known you'd easily change design and had FDD face etc... been scouring everywhere for those. Kinda gave up and decided to put Gotek in machine and use a 3D filler plate for that
Assuming you didn't hack the side of the Atari up it was just a replacement caddie that you opened the gotek up and screwed the board in (upside down so the cable was correct).
Literal floppy replacement. I'd added a bleeper for the floppy sounds and a proper LCD display to show the file names.
Was about 90% complete, just wanted to do a couple of tweaks, but got put on a back burner.

20180117_203544.jpg
20180117_203544.jpg (67.12 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
20171111_010818.jpg
20171111_010818.jpg (93.6 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
Methanoid

Post by Methanoid »

Thanks, VERY similar to what I had printed and was spraying Atari grey in my garden 20 mins ago :lol:
Calab

Post by Calab »

So, how are you printing these cases?

I tried standing on end on my filament printer, but the supports are difficult to remove without breaking the frame around the VGA connector.

Then I tried lying down, and had issues due to the text and the chamfer on the edges.

Did mine lying down on my resin printer, but still could look better.
Calab

Post by Calab »

My jumper pins are on the wrong side of the board as well. If I have to desolder the pins anyhow, I might try to fit a switch... Does anyone have a suggestion as to what part number (preferably Digikey) would fit here?
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

Calab wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:02 pm So, how are you printing these cases?
I definitely did the back (VGA side) lying flat on its text as I can see the ripples from my masking tape!

I don't remember with the front and it doesn't have any obvious artefacts to guide me, but I can't see any reason I would have done it in any other orientation than flat, text side down.

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark

Return to “3D MODELS”