STFM case remake

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
patbud

Re: STFM case remake

Post by patbud »

wow ! it's a fantastic job already. I can't wait to see the 3d model finished. keep up the good work :o

best

PatBud
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Actually, seeing the keyboard like that gives me ideas for a separate keyboard case etc.

Will have to have a chat about that sometime Icky.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PhilC wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:26 pm Actually, seeing the keyboard like that gives me ideas for a separate keyboard case etc.

Will have to have a chat about that sometime Icky.
Dont :)

Exxos and I have already been having conversations and I have talked myself into a new project. We have the board in flight, case in flight but no keyboard replacement.

I have found a place that does key caps similar to the ST keyboard and they can manufacture custom keycaps for example the function keys. I'll open a new thread shortly.

Damn its not like I don't have enough projects :)
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Lol, was only going to mention an XEGS and how I liked the form factor.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Yeah, a passing comment of "hey that looks like a mega ST keyboard" and now its escalated.. have to be so careful with all this ideas ... :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Has anyone ever adapted an internal keyboard for a Mega ST? Don't mind taking this project on if youd both like?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PhilC wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:40 pm Has anyone ever adapted an internal keyboard for a Mega ST? Don't mind taking this project on if youd both like?
Not sure.. wasn't the mega keyboard the ST keyboard design just with a different connector on it ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I'll take a look at the circuit over the next few days but theres a good chance. Will take my Mega keyboard apart too.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

PhilC wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 pm I'll take a look at the circuit over the next few days but theres a good chance. Will take my Mega keyboard apart too.
Yes, the Eiffel will connect a ps2 mouse and keyboard to a mega normally but there's an internal connector to connect up to a ST. Just check the Eiffel schematic to see diff's when connecting up to a mega or ST. Or you could just look at the keyboard connector schematic on a ST and MEGA.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

PhilC wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 pm I'll take a look at the circuit over the next few days but theres a good chance. Will take my Mega keyboard apart too.
Phil, look at P3 (MEGA)and P10 (ST).
ATARI-Eiffel-V1.1-schematic.pdf
(147.06 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

Return to “3D MODELS”