STFM case remake

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STFM case remake

Post by exxos »

Looks pretty decent to me :thumbup:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rpineau

Post by rpineau »

That is indeed very close. Closer than what I've seen so far.
Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2
tomster

Post by tomster »

Hi Troed,

just realized that the recommended print temperature is pretty high for PLA. I had printed this PLA with around 200 C so far and had no issues, but I might give it a try with a higher temperature in the future.

What temperature did you go with?

Best
Tom
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

tomster wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:48 pm Hi Troed,

just realized that the recommended print temperature is pretty high for PLA. I had printed this PLA with around 200 C so far and had no issues, but I might give it a try with a higher temperature in the future.

Best
Tom
Thats a good point there Tom, it may be worth checking with the manufacturer as thats usually ABS print temps, could be they got the label wrong.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
troed

Post by troed »

tomster wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:48 pm just realized that the recommended print temperature is pretty high for PLA. I had printed this PLA with around 200 C so far and had no issues, but I might give it a try with a higher temperature in the future.

Yeah the label states 240-260 and I printed with 240 I think. However, in other documentation they supply for their PLA filaments they list 185-220 for "Select PLA" (themselves using 210). They have another brand called "Select PLA Pro" which is 220-255 and themselves using 245. I think they must've messed up the label.

Next print with this filament I'll use 210.

/Troed
Maeke

Post by Maeke »

Icky wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:44 pm Well we have been printing lots of prototype case bottoms as we keep getting break points in the same two places. :(

The last run I did on a full case bottom, which took around 29 hours, had to be halted due to one of the break points actually coming away whilst printing, even with substansial supports. This is not the first time this has happened so they are definitely the weak points which need to be resolved.

So although its not a full print and has a nasty extrusion on the back right all is not lost as this helps to confirm our thoughts on a removable (slot in) back panel to allow printing of different port layouts, such as accommodating an H4 with the stacked Phoenix Shifter board having a HDMI out slot above the original ST monitor slot or other options. The removable panel will elevate that weak point and allow for improved printing.

In addition the full case has shown almost all posts etc are in the right place. Just the front three post need to be moved 3-4mm towards the front a bit more.

Well @exxos now you can get a sense for what a pink ST will look like :)

IMG_5467.jpegIMG_5468.jpegIMG_5469.jpeg
Maybe you could make the back plate a detachable part, this way it would be easyer to print and you can make the case being compatible with more computers (imagine a back plate for the ste or the falcon).
If i take too long to reply, sorry my cat is sleeping on my laps.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Maeke wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:48 pm Maybe you could make the back plate a detachable part, this way it would be easyer to print and you can make the case being compatible with more computers (imagine a back plate for the ste or the falcon).
@Icky said exactly that..

Icky wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:44 pm So although its not a full print and has a nasty extrusion on the back right all is not lost as this helps to confirm our thoughts on a removable (slot in) back panel to allow printing of different port layouts, such as accommodating an H4 with the stacked Phoenix Shifter board having a HDMI out slot above the original ST monitor slot or other options. The removable panel will elevate that weak point and allow for improved printing.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

A bit of manipulation and we now have a slot-in rear panel allowing different panel layouts.

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 23.06.43.png
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 23.06.43.png (288.74 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 23.04.51.png
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 23.04.51.png (378.05 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 23.04.33.png
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 23.04.33.png (499.61 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:10 pm A bit of manipulation and we now have a slot-in rear panel allowing different panel layouts.
:bravo: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
dhedberg

Post by dhedberg »

Icky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:10 pm A bit of manipulation and we now have a slot-in rear panel allowing different panel layouts.
Slick! That's pretty awesome!
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org.
Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo It's that time of the year again, or click here to feel the JOY.

Return to “3D MODELS”